Hey! New to this and introducing myself :)

Guest LissyR

Guest LissyR

Oh that's rather cool. It's so expensive now though - it's all got a bit out of control - I think only rich kids can afford to go. All corporatised, homogenised, but still it's a bunch of young people camping in fields so nuff said.

ahh, I wouldn't have known unless i'd been told, sounds fun though, but if it is like you say then I guess that would ruin it a bit. have you ever been to a festival?

Guest Sisyphus

I actually support one of David's local teams as its where my husband is from as well. I'm so worried that you and Steve actually know each other lol. How funny would that be?!

It's possible. School sounds unlikely cos wrong side of town but I may have worked with him or something over the years. You'll have to PM me the surname, so I can complete my identity cloning operation and get the **** out of here, ahem, see if I know him.

never heard of most of them but green day are good so the others probably are!! nothing wrong with a bit of rock! better than taylor swift at any rate...

I have found that I've gone a little more poppy in my old age. But I draw the line at Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber!!

Guest LissyR

by creepy I assume you mean amazing/glorious/fantastic/miraculous/incredible/astounding or something along those lines?

It's puttin reaaaaaaallly creepy images in my head guys!

Guest LissyR

I have found that I've gone a little more poppy in my old age. But I draw the line at Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber!!

same! what pop bands do you like? I like the indie/pop/slightly alternative stuff mostly, wow I sound like such an annoying hipster there ahaha

Guest Sisyphus

ahh, I wouldn't have known unless i'd been told, sounds fun though, but if it is like you say then I guess that would ruin it a bit. have you ever been to a festival?

Not a lot but I went to The Reading Festival in either 96 or 97, then V2000 or V2001.

Iv;e got to say they were great times. Just a real good buzz and booze and weed everywhere and camping is always good but in the middle of all those young people.

The only slightly massive downside is the toilets. But it was a lot cheaper back then.

Reading was really good - I found the V festival kind of too organised and formal and Virgin stamped over everything. I got told off for ******* up against the fence which is just ririduclous.

I don't know what I am. I mostly like old stuff, but got into some indie music when I was in manchester and thereafter in the 90s. There was some grat msuic about. But since then it's all ... just ... drifted. When Mp3s came on the scene I found myself catching up with all the old stuff I never got the chance to listen to and ended up trapped in this time warp fo old music which I've never left cos I've totally lost touch.

Have you guys ever been to any festivals. Guess you're a bit young for that yet L.

I worked at Glastonbury when I was a young un. Steve went to Reading every year in the 90's, but no nothing much for me.

I'm intrigued as to what you like? Elvis? Gerry and the pacemakers?

Guest LissyR

Not a lot but I went to The Reading Festival in either 96 or 97, then V2000 or V2001.

Iv;e got to say they were great times. Just a real good buzz and booze and weed everywhere and camping is always good but in the middle of all those young people.

The only slightly massive downside is the toilets. But it was a lot cheaper back then.

Reading was really good - I found the V festival kind of too organised and formal and Virgin stamped over everything. I got told off for ******* up against the fence which is just ririduclous.

ahahaha sounds really cool! I cant wait till im old enough to go have fun like that!!

Oh that's rather cool. It's so expensive now though - it's all got a bit out of control - I think only rich kids can afford to go. All corporatised, homogenised, but still it's a bunch of young people camping in fields so nuff said.

Blokey next to me went this year- £200 each!!

Guest LissyR

I worked at Glastonbury when I was a young un. Steve went to Reading every year in the 90's, but no nothing much for me.

awww cool!!

hmm they have pretty weird names (and songs some of them): the wombats, all time low, the vaccines, two door cinema club, mystery jets, of monsters and men. know any of them?

It's possible. School sounds unlikely cos wrong side of town but I may have worked with him or something over the years. You'll have to PM me the surname, so I can complete my identity cloning operation and get the **** out of here, ahem, see if I know him.

Ok. But I'm gonna head off in a bit and get my nose into 'Brain Lock' :D

same! what pop bands do you like? I like the indie/pop/slightly alternative stuff mostly, wow I sound like such an annoying hipster there ahaha

Ooh god, now you're asking. Usually just the odd song here and there. I liked Daft Punk and Pharrell

awww cool!!

hmm they have pretty weird names (and songs some of them): the wombats, all time low, the vaccines, two door cinema club, mystery jets, of monsters and men. know any of them?

Yes, yes, yes, no, no, might have. Can't say I know anything by any of them though

Guest LissyR

Yes, yes, yes, no, no, might have. Can't say I know anything by any of them though

ahhh, theyre good I like them, my friends have really different though: some of them are HUGE fans of one direction and others listen to really depressing music... its weird... we all share a love for Disney though, how can you not? :p

Guest Sisyphus

Danger Will Robinson Danger DANGER.

I will take the higher ground AS USUAL like a gentleman and take your **** in my stride with the panache of a cavalier.

I like these:

Suede(early stuff), Muse(early stuff), Rage Against the Machine, The Jam, Van Morrison, Travis(best live badn I've ever seen BTW), The Band, Beastie Boys, Stone Roses, Leonard Cohen, Nirvana, Aerosmith, The Verve, Black Eyed Peas,The Kinks, Beck, Johnny Cash, and many many more. I would go look but I can tell you're bored already.

My problem is it's rare I get all crazy about everything one band does, but just love 2 or 3 songs they did.

Oh and no dance or hip hop or jungle or house or (I dont even know the names any more). I like a fair bit of classical stuff including some film socres. Philip Glass is my fave modern classical composer.

That's about it.

Guest LissyR

And how funny that song was playing at Wembley just after I typed that message!!

seriously? oh cool!! its like it knew!! maybe the statue is gaining powers....

Guest Sisyphus

by creepy I assume you mean amazing/glorious/fantastic/miraculous/incredible/astounding or something along those lines?

I like the statue, just not with my STUPID FACE!
Guest LissyR

Danger Will Robinson Danger DANGER.

I will take the higher ground AS USUAL like a gentleman and take your **** in my stride with the panache of a cavalier.

I like these:

Suede(early stuff), Muse(early stuff), Rage Against the Machine, The Jam, Van Morrison, Travis(best live badn I've ever seen BTW), The Band, Beastie Boys, Stone Roses, Leonard Cohen, Nirvana, Aerosmith, The Verve, Black Eyed Peas,The Kinks, Beck, Johnny Cash, and many many more. I would go look but I can tell you're bored already.

My problem is it's rare I get all crazy about everything one band does, but just love 2 or 3 songs they did.

Oh and no dance or hip hop or jungle or house or (I dont even know the names any more). I like a fair bit of classical stuff including some film socres. Philip Glass is my fave modern classical composer.

That's about it.

I like some of your old rock stuff!! nirvana, aeorsmith and the beastie boys are just classics that everyone knows and loves aren't they?

Guest Sisyphus

200? ouch!! it better be good for that price!

euch this is my third nosebleed today

The organisers justify it saying it's like £10 a concert but it's a rip off for what they pay/profit. They greedy c##ts obviously!