Hey! New to this and introducing myself :)

Guest LissyR

Guest Sisyphus

Tyra? As in Banks? :gossip:

No Tyra Nosaurus (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't take that badly, I was just tittin for tat. It's not meant to mean anything clever/bad/nasty/evil/******)
Guest Sisyphus

But I don't know they guy who wrote it, and now you've banned me from looking him up :(. Yeah, I've not had to re-read too much just yet. It's interesting that he belives it is a biochemical imbalance in the brain (I think I've said that before)

Well read on McDuff. I'm sure he lates talks about leanred stuff, or I dreamt it.

Oh I'm afraid you're mistaken - I haven't banned you from looking at it. You are completely free to go and google "Jeffrey Schwatrz 4 steps" and see him talking. It all comes down to choice my dear.

:p

Edited by Sisyphus
Guest Sisyphus

awww :(

you're liking lotr right now aren't you? theres those clips and last night you were saying about Ent

Not specifically now - I've liked it all along. Not in a comicon, dress up weirdo kind of way. Just think there's a lot about life in there, awesome story, plus the movies were great.
Guest LissyR

Not specifically now - I've liked it all along. Not in a comicon, dress up weirdo kind of way. Just think there's a lot about life in there, awesome story, plus the movies were great.

ohhhh. theyre good but they're so long!! did you see the new(ish) version of the hobbit?

Guest Sisyphus

OI! I'll have you know that I am loco with or without you here!! See, there is the superiority complex shining through again!

But is it a superiority complex when you're just better?

(so a joke! cmon this isnt fair)

Guest Sisyphus

ohhhh. theyre good but they're so long!! did you see the new(ish) version of the hobbit?

I guess they are, but there's a lot to tell ins't there. They were really made for hollywood so it's pretty amazing the guy made them into movies.

I did see the hobbit and wasn't maaaaaad keen on it. Seemed to be a new crowd pleasing style. There were good moments in it. I dont like this MArtin Freeman character either. He reminds me of The Orifice. YEah, I know, you both love him/it.

Guest LissyR

I guess they are, but there's a lot to tell ins't there. They were really made for hollywood so it's pretty amazing the guy made them into movies.

I did see the hobbit and wasn't maaaaaad keen on it. Seemed to be a new crowd pleasing style. There were good moments in it. I dont like this MArtin Freeman character either. He reminds me of The Orifice. YEah, I know, you both love him/it.

I haven't seen it, I was wondering if I should because everyone else seems to love it and I thought you'd have seen it.

Guest Sisyphus

I haven't seen it, I was wondering if I should because everyone else seems to love it and I thought you'd have seen it.

Everyone's different. My bro in law and nephew loved it. I just preferred the other films. To be fair though the book was a more light hearted affair so he's probably just trying to reflect that. I just don't do well with songs and dances and comedy choreographed fight scenes!
Guest LissyR

Everyone's different. My bro in law and nephew loved it. I just preferred the other films. To be fair though the book was a more light hearted affair so he's probably just trying to reflect that. I just don't do well with songs and dances and comedy choreographed fight scenes!

but songs and dances and choreopgraphed fight scenes are amazing :o the cheesier the better

admittedly they don't really fit with the storyline but still....

Guest Sisyphus

but songs and dances and choreopgraphed fight scenes are amazing :o the cheesier the better

admittedly they don't really fit with the storyline but still....

Well maybe im in the minority on that one then ;)
Guest LissyR

The accent is either Birmingham or north Birmingham. Can't you tell? It's a grim accent.

Birmingham isn't that bad is it? its just a bit whiny! scouse is worse!

Guest Sisyphus

Birmingham isn't that bad is it? its just a bit whiny! scouse is worse!

I never liked it much as accents go. Welsh is good, Cumbrian is good.
Guest LissyR

I never liked it much as accents go. Welsh is good, Cumbrian is good.

welsh is by far the best accent!! Bristol is pretty good as well, especially when its the properly farmery stereotype ones!!

Guest Sisyphus

welsh is by far the best accent!! Bristol is pretty good as well, especially when its the properly farmery stereotype ones!!

Bristol freaks me out a little for some reason. Cornish is interesting though, specially with a bit of local dialect. I sometimes wonder how accents came into being. e.g. you can definitely detect a little scandinavian intonation in Tyneside/Cumbrian accents, which makes sense when you look where the Danes settled. As for the rest, who knows. Amaerican/australian accent puzzles me - where did that come from.

Did you get ANY Sleep by the way? Please say yes.

Guest LissyR

Bristol freaks me out a little for some reason. Cornish is interesting though, specially with a bit of local dialect. I sometimes wonder how accents came into being. e.g. you can definitely detect a little scandinavian intonation in Tyneside/Cumbrian accents, which makes sense when you look where the Danes settled. As for the rest, who knows. Amaerican/australian accent puzzles me - where did that come from.

Did you get ANY Sleep by the way? Please say yes.

maybe American is the combination of English, irish, german, dutch etc. who travelled there?

if it will make you happy I'll say yes. yes.

Guest Sisyphus

maybe American is the combination of English, irish, german, dutch etc. who travelled there?

if it will make you happy I'll say yes. yes.

I don't know how you can function - you must be built differently to me. At some point I would just collapse.

Sorry I know I'm saying all the wrong things, but I genuinely haven't encountered this phenomenon before so it's hard to get my head round.

I agree about the mix of the accents - it'd be nice to see it evolve sped up. And if this happens so quickly then it makes you wonder if our accents were the same as they are now, say 200 years ago, or have their(arrrgghhhhhh their vs there - always do that) been subtle changes that are lost forever, like teardrops in rain.

Edited by Sisyphus
Guest LissyR

I don't know how you can function - you must be built differently to me. At some point I would just collapse.

Sorry I know I'm saying all the wrong things, but I genuinely haven't encountered this phenomenon before so it's hard to get my head round.

I agree about the mix of the accents - it'd be nice to see it evolve sped up. And if this happens so quickly then it makes you wonder if our accents were the same as they are now, say 200 years ago, or have their(arrrgghhhhhh their vs there - always do that) been subtle changes that are lost forever, like teardrops in rain.

you're not saying anything wrong, if you were I'd tell you.

Soon enough it'll happen.... I think I am a zombie, no person has ever been able to find my pulse and clearly I don't need sleep?

yeah it would be interesting, some areas of America (rural south) are thought to have accents that are more likely to be how we sounded because they are the areas where the English settled and some of the old words from that time are still used so people think the accents might have stayed as well