Hey! New to this and introducing myself :)

Guest LissyR

Guest LissyR

Yeah smoking is the worst thing to give up with the OCD. I shouldnt really have quit cos my heads been a mess since. I thought it might help but unfortunately it's had the opposite effect. But the cost - I cant justify paying that much any more! But god I miss those delicious little *******.

aww :( it sounds it, wow you're really brave, you should be so proud! they're really expensive then? ouch, I guess in the long run its better for you? because if you're ocd does ever get a bit easier than at least theres one less thing in your life to worry about

Guest LissyR

Oh so it is - nope - purely coincidence!

ahaha, that was quite a cool name, especially under pressure, I'd love to see what you can come up with when you have time on your hands!

Guest LissyR

Not so sure on any of that to be honest lol. 1D what was the band before them that we're like them? Oh yes, JLS. I heard a song of theirs on Children in Need or some such and I swear it was a blatant rip off. MCR are quite often regarded as 'depressing'. I remember back in their heyday, The Daily Mail wrote a particularly disparaging article on how their music drives people to suicide. Just a few days later, they played (I think) Reading, and Gerard Way (the lead singer) had a massive rant about it on stage lol

yeah ahaha,I don't think MCR were depressing I think people like Papa Roach and Hollywood Undead are though!! I don't really understand how music makes people suicidal though?

how was your book?

Danger Will Robinson Danger DANGER.

I will take the higher ground AS USUAL like a gentleman and take your **** in my stride with the panache of a cavalier.

I like these:

Suede(early stuff),

I was always pretty indifferent to them. Thought the lead singer looked like a swede ( as in the vegetable)

Muse(early stuff),

Ahh, a Devon band- Steve loves them.

Rage Against the Machine,

I loved a few years back when 'Killing in the Name of' got to number one over that X-Factor tripe. Generally a good band with a good political meaning.

The Jam,

A few members of the band did a gig in Exmouth a few weeks back. How the mighty have fallen. Another one Steve loves.

Van Morrison,

Not heard a great deal by him.

Travis(best live badn I've ever seen BTW),

Really? Always struck me as dull, dull, dull (my parody of 'Sing, Sing, Sing'

The Band,

Don't know em

Beastie Boys,

Definitely a Steve band!

Stone Roses,

I think this was a band between 'my youth' and my getting back into music. Or, somewhere between NKOTB and Hanson :D

Leonard Cohen,

Lyrical genius

Nirvana,

Steve saw them in some backstreet dive in Brum before 'Nevermind' was released. Something he staked the highest claim on until my mum trumped him by saying she saw Led Zep before John Bonham died.

Aerosmith,

Some great stuff by them. My mum went through a bit of a phase of them when her nephew introduced them to her in the late 80's

The Verve,

I liked 'Bittersweet Symphony' but not much else

Black Eyed Peas,

Wow, really? This is one of the pop bands I unashamedly like.

The Kinks,

Not heard much by them.

Beck,

As above.

Johnny Cash,

Bloody brilliant. I love his version of 'Hurt'. Much better than the NIN version. Even Trent Reznor admitted it was better!

and many many more. I would go look but I can tell you're bored already.

My problem is it's rare I get all crazy about everything one band does, but just love 2 or 3 songs they did.

Oh and no dance or hip hop or jungle or house or (I dont even know the names any more). I like a fair bit of classical stuff including some film socres. Philip Glass is my fave modern classical composer.

That's about it.

You like classical? I can see you also like some rock. Check out a Finnish band called Apocalyptica- I think you'll be nicely surprised :)

Guest Sisyphus

aww :( it sounds it, wow you're really brave, you should be so proud! they're really expensive then? ouch, I guess in the long run its better for you? because if you're ocd does ever get a bit easier than at least theres one less thing in your life to worry about

Yeah I guess. It's hard after 20 odd years. I was more used to them in my life than not which is weird. I dunno if I'll stay quit once I get working again. Now that;s the real test. Ouch.
Guest Sisyphus

ahaha, that was quite a cool name, especially under pressure, I'd love to see what you can come up with when you have time on your hands!

Why thank you - I was secretly proud of it all along!

The organisers justify it saying it's like £10 a concert but it's a rip off for what they pay/profit. They greedy c##ts obviously!

In fairness to Michael Eaves, he does donate a lot to charity. Maybe you could get him to cover your £2 to OCD UK, Daffs?

Well I've got to leave you charming chapesses and grab something to eat. My darned knee's decided to play up again cos I stopped using the crutches. It's early days biut I've a horrible feeling they might have botched this op.

Sorry bout all that earlier Soph. Glad we're cool again cos that would've totally stunk up my day otherwise.

Good luck breaking the spine of Brian Lock. My advice - read it quickly!(unlike my 6 month debacle)

Ciao mammas.

Got part the way through 'Relabel' so getting there. It does make for tough reading

Oh cool - I was sure you'd be outraged. I said that once round a friend's house and his drunken mum got genuinely upset and started slapping me! True story. I think this applies to a lot of creative people though. Van Morrison seems a total **** but I love some of his music so much. Mick Jagger's another. Oh and Sean Penn - gret actor - total **** in real life. Tom Cruise - the list goes on. You just have to enjoy what they make and try and forget about them.

*deep breath* hahahahahahahahahahahaha

YES! Finally someone with some sense!! she actually slapped you? ouch!! I have the same birthday as Tom Cruise, aha

I have the same birthday as Prince Harry- go me!!

yeah ahaha,I don't think MCR were depressing I think people like Papa Roach and Hollywood Undead are though!! I don't really understand how music makes people suicidal though?

how was your book?

Yeah good, quite heavy though.

Jeez, are Papa Roach still going? They were about when I was in college some 12 years ago!!

Guest Sisyphus

You like classical? I can see you also like some rock. Check out a Finnish band called Apocalyptica- I think you'll be nicely surprised :)

Suede were best in the beginning when they were heroin addicts. Got really dull after that. I guessed you'd think Travis were dull but I like a lot of their tunes and they sound exactly like they do on the CD when they play which is darned rare. Real pros.

You should check out some Van Morrison and The Band if ytou can. I can send some links if you want. Just say no if you dont want em tho!

Same with Beck and The Kinks. HEre's your introduction to the Kinks - think you might appreciate this one Soph:

http://vimeo.com/41761421

I liked Johnny Cash long before that movie believe it or not!

I will check this Finnish band out - thanks.

Edited by Sisyphus
Guest Sisyphus

In fairness to Michael Eaves, he does donate a lot to charity. Maybe you could get him to cover your £2 to OCD UK, Daffs?

Oh god what does "daffs" mean (bracing myself)

Does he really? OK but he's got an evil beard and is evil and his daughter smells.

Guest Sisyphus

*deep breath* hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh trust you to delight in that story. Hey this'll give you a good laugh - my knee's murdering me today BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I think they might have ****** the operation up and I'm permanently crippled BWA HA HA HA HA HA - HOO HOOOO HOOO - HAA HHAAA - HEEE HEE - HA HOO HE HA HO HE H ...

I don't know why I bother sometimes.

:fishing1:

Suede were best in the beginning when they were heroin addicts. Got really dull after that. I guessed you'd think Travis were dull but I like a lot of their tunes and they sound exactly like they do on the CD when they play which is darned rare. Real pros.

You should check out some Van Morrison and The Band if ytou can. I can send some links if you want. Just say no if you dont want em tho!

Same with Beck and The Kinks. HEre's your introduction to the Kinks - think you might appreciate this one Soph:

http://vimeo.com/41761421

I liked Johnny Cash long before that movie believe it or not!

I will check this Finnish band out - thanks.

Check out 'Bittersweet' as that song also includes Lauri Ylönen from The Rasmus and Ville Valo from HIM. They've also done covers of Metallica songs on cellos and ****- pretty good.

I'll have a look. Steve probably has some in his collection as he's into every kind of music going lol

Oh god what does "daffs" mean (bracing myself)

Does he really? OK but he's got an evil beard and is evil and his daughter smells.

Have you been carrying out your odd smelling thing again?

And...have you not watched Shaun of the Dead?

Oh trust you to delight in that story. Hey this'll give you a good laugh - my knee's murdering me today BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I think they might have ****** the operation up and I'm permanently crippled BWA HA HA HA HA HA - HOO HOOOO HOOO - HAA HHAAA - HEEE HEE - HA HOO HE HA HO HE H ...

I don't know why I bother sometimes.

:fishing1:

You getting slapped by a drunken woman- hilarious. You in actual pain, not so. Get well soon, Daffs

Guest Sisyphus

Have you been carrying out your odd smelling thing again?

And...have you not watched Shaun of the Dead?

I have watched Shaun of the Dead yes. It was back when Simon Pegg wasn't ****. That and Spaced were good. Oh and Big Train too.
Guest Sisyphus

Check out 'Bittersweet' as that song also includes Lauri Ylönen from The Rasmus and Ville Valo from HIM. They've also done covers of Metallica songs on cellos and ****- pretty good.

I'll have a look. Steve probably has some in his collection as he's into every kind of music going lol

Thanks for the tips.