will this anxiety ocd etc go ? (some sexual content)

Guest sigh1

Guest Idiot1979

testicles moving and penis growing a bit sometimes and has went hard yes but i have not wanted it to and wasnt happy that it went hard like i am happy when its about girls

Think how many erections you've had about girls, compared to guys................It's probably 2000 vs. 2

These things happen. To everyone. One-off incidents don't mean you're gay.

I'm sure you could have an erection over a Polar Bear, if you tried hard enough, and you were stressed out enough about it.

Edited by Idiot1979
Guest Idiot1979

also testicles tingle hopefully this is to do with fear, also if i was to think about it alot i would go erect probably but this is not what i want to happen or do

This is a classic symptom of anxiety/fear that almost everyone with OCD suffers

Guest Idiot1979

testicles moving and penis growing a bit sometimes and has went hard yes but i have not wanted it to and wasnt happy that it went hard like i am happy when its about girls

The key thing to remember is that sex is what turns all people on.

And your brain can't always distinguish, clearly, what the stimuli is. It just sees sex.

Being gay, would mean a consistent pattern of erections. By that I mean, daily, for 6 months+.

Even if it happened daily, for a week, it wouldn't mean you were gay. And I doubt that has even happened.

Guest Idiot1979

Just remember that sexuality is not defined by one off events, or even a few weeks of events.

It's defined by a long, continuous, type of behaviour that you enjoy. Which for you is being straight

Edited by Idiot1979
Guest Idiot1979

All people with OCD share the same trait - they're looking for an answer to a question.

But the answer doesn't exist. As there isn't a man on earth who hasn't had a gay thought, at some time in their life.

That's what OCD is - looking for an answer you'll never find.

right now i feel fine but this wont last, so this proves even more the thoughts are false doesnt it? wish i felt like this all the time prob only last another minute

The false thoughts/OCD are linked to anxiety. You are fine as you are not anxious. When you become anxious again (probably through checking it in your head or researching) you will move back to where you were.

The false thoughts/OCD are linked to anxiety. You are fine as you are not anxious. When you become anxious again (probably through checking it in your head or researching) you will move back to where you were.

yes i have done, i am back to the start, remembering my gay experience in school with one lad and another who sounded like a girl but nothing happened, so i said would i wanna be in a shower with them to my answers are always no yet when it gets further in like them touching me etc i am wanting to cry my eyes are closed and i get upset and my inside goes all tense and i feel horny down below but in my body i feel scared over the thoughts, but sometimes i never know what the feelings are maybe they are fear thoughts which i think feel like they are good thoughts etc, i didnt go erect but my penis grow a small bit but wasnt hard wasnt even semi hard, but why is this happening i dont want this to happen, but its hard to ignore this arousal how can i feel aroused down below yet feel scared inside ? and heart beats fast and upset ? i dont wanna masturbate over the thoughts either i am not doing it, am i just gay or bi in denial?

feel guilty when i see girls now, something i want but cant have because of these thoughts, when i go to see this psychotherapist i am going to tell him i want to die simple as that, i am hurt, these gay thoughts i get in my head making me feel aroused and something i want etc i cant have that and never will want that

thoughts dont seem to be bothering me after going over the same things, my belly just turns etc i could be mistaking these feelings to good feelings but the arousal bothers me, but my testicles tingle when scared or something too i dunno

The problem with OCD (I know myself), whatever I say to you, your brain will discount in some way

"He's just trying to make you feel better"

"He doesn't know anything"

"He's lying"

That's the key with OCD. Whatever answer you get, isn't the answer. Your brain tells you you need more.

your first post was on the 13th of august, now we are on the 17th of sept. :(

the advice has been top notch mate.

the choice now has to come from you, and you have to take on board what has been said and try and work at implementing it

The post really isn't benefitting you anymore imo. in fact your using it as a compulsion more so than rather working at using tools to help you

get better.

I think it's best to just stick to facts here. As in:

A gay person is someone who "must engage in sexual relations with someone of their own sex, to gain sexual relief. What's more it must be the exclusive source of their sexual relief. And any abstinence from this practice, must induce extreme anxiety"

I hope that makes it very obvious you're not gay. As in, gay people are anxious, stressed, depressed, crying when they can't have sex with men!

I think it's best to just stick to facts here. As in:

A gay person is someone who "must engage in sexual relations with someone of their own sex, to gain sexual relief. What's more it must be the exclusive source of their sexual relief. And any abstinence from this practice, must induce extreme anxiety"

I hope that makes it very obvious you're not gay. As in, gay people are anxious, stressed, depressed, crying when they can't have sex with men!

well thats me then isnt it all thats me so its me not letting myself be gay

well thats me then isnt it all thats me so its me not letting myself be gay

I really think you're misreading this (classic OCD..........)

By "induce extreme anxiety" they mean, you're desperate to do it. And are depressed, upset, that you're unable to do it.

How is being gay your exclusive source of sexual relief? You say you masterbuate about women

How are you upset about not being able to do it? You're upset about the prospect of having to do it!

You need to read the above comment.

The whole point about OCD is understanding that you have it. You seem unable or unwilling to do this. Constantly questioning any advice you receive is pointless.

ignoring the thoughts? and stuff i cant do it mate, i have tried so much but it may not seem like

but by posting alone is a compulsion . everytime the panic button arises , its a compulsion, your looking at it all through a telescope, constantly

your aking over and over and over and over. is that helped at all ? has it made you better ?

Sigh....can you tell me what you've learned about OCD?

Do you know what sort of intrusive thoughts OCD can create?

Do you know why checking worsens OCD?

Do you understand how reassurance seeking makes OCD worse?

What can you do to help reduce the intensity of those thoughts?

All of the answers are here in this thread, you need to devise a plan to start and put some of the suggestions into practise. This thread is actually fuelling your OCD which is not something we like to encourage.

You've got to break the circle of rumination (thinking + trying to solve this in your head) and handle it differently.

Unfortunately, it's a marathon not a short sprint and it needs working at to improve. Just repeating the mantra "It's not me it's OCD" isn't enough on it's own.

To change the intrusive, distressing thoughts you have to change how you're currently responding to them.

Caramoole :)

i just thought i would agree with the thoughts and say yes to them, and say i am gay and that i dont want women etc, there doesnt seem to be anxiety or nothing when i say this,

i feel all lite and tingling a bit, and also feel cold hot, kind of a feeling after you have been out in the winter with a t shirt on and ya go in a warm house and ya feel that cold but how warm it is in a house, but i also want to punch myself so much, i wanna die, i feel all tight now too i have like goosebumps maybe because its cold i dont know, thing i say now it feels like its a lie but doesnt seem to bother me, maybe this is because i have agreed to ocd or maybe i was just gay after all? i actually said i have finally realised i am gay aswell as agreeing to the other thoughts, i should feel happy shouldnt i ? lol what a ******* joke this is cant seem to win either way,

i cant meet a girl and i wont meet a girl and that really hurts me because how can i meet a girl when i feel guilty because of having these gay thoughts? everythink i say feels like its a lie, so i never know what is true or wrong, even the feelings i get i dont even know if they are good or wrong, i will never be normal my mind will be like this for ever its been like this for years now i have no hope of getting better, then again maybe i dont need to be better theres probably nothing wrong with me i could just be in denial, i still cant understand how people can say to me ignore the thoughts stop going over them etc when they feel real and make me feel i am something i dispise yet feel i get off on, thats why i said awhile back i would rather have murdering thoughts than gay thoughts because the people who have them seem to be able to ignore them or let them go or just accept them, were as i cant do that, i cannot do it, my life is over its ruined its probably been over for a number of years now i am not living i am just existing plus i dont even wanna be alive

cry or wanna cry everytime i see a girl now, because its like i cant have one anymore, anyway i still stop posting from now on pointless going over and over i just cant do nothing and i have to wait until i see this therapist

Sigh, your mind won't be like this forever, but, you've got to start trying to take on board and put into practise all the advice that's been given on this thread.

We aren't withholding a vital piece of knowledge from you, there's genuinely nothing more we can suggest you do, but if you keep working on it you will get though this - as we've said, no one overcomes this nasty disorder in one fell swoop, it takes time, practise and tbh with you dogged determination, but it will pay-off for you.

I honestly think two of the biggest hurdles you've got to jump are understanding what OCD is and accepting that unfortunately you suffer from it, I know for all of us it takes time to get to grips with all that having this disorder entails - but as I and others have said - we have to treat these thoughts appropriately to be able to achieve that clarity of thought where we can see the OCD for the liar it is - there's no other option that works.

Do you know roughly how long before you can see the therapist? Please though, as Caramoole's suggested have a read through of this thread, maybe print it off and highlight the main points, that's helped me in the past when I couldn't see the wood for the trees, but you will get through this sigh.