Miracle cure

Guest yinyang

Some people have grown accustomed to black and white thinking and think they are being ultra reasonable and smart. They dont understand that their mind is clouded and not rational in this state. They literally have an autistic mind when they are trapped in black and white thinking.

For those who embrace the ying yang (symbol of anxiety/OCD IMO), these people would never take the pill because they are 'too deep' into it.. Or have brainwashed themselves for better words. Or they may be autistic which means they are only capable of thinking in black and white.

I think anyone with OCD should want to take the pill, if not, its either autism, or the OCD stopping you.

Yin, you must have really struck a nerve with this 'person'

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unquestionably! I was recently asked this question, and I was amazed to learn that not everyone with OCD feels the same. The person asking me spoke of 'the devil you know'. She then asked whether I'd know what to do with myself, as most of my time, for the majority of my life, has been taken up with rituals. I immediately enthusiastically listed what I would do with my time, if free of OCD, and the list was very long!

P.S. I still recall the feeling when I broke free of OCD at the age of 12. There is nothing to compare with the elation, the wonderful sense of being free.

I'd have so much more free time, I'd be more productive at work (and also at home), I'd love life again. Because when you're constantly performing rituals, even when stop you're mentally exhausted!

Guest Cackles

Pick a simple task, that will engage your mind in something else..... A favourite movie or a good book. Try to immerse yourself in something else.

AGREED!

My suggestion is it needs to be taken a step further to every waking moment and with certain activities off limits.

Yep no side effects :original:

The reason I ask this is because I saw a programme the other day which asked suffers the same question. Strangely some people answered no, I found that interesting.

:yinyang:

Hi Yinyang,

I would definitely take one.

I would think that those that declined either have OCD which is less troublesome, or most likely that they fear they may lose their moral compass & believe so strongly that their rituals really do protect family & friends.

I am sure I heard a similar thing being asked to those with depression, & it having an even higher ratio that would not be without it.

Edited by felix4
Guest Cackles

Hi Yinyang,

I am sure I heard a similar thing being asked to those with depression, & it having an even higher ratio that would not be without it.

People with depression are often immobile, cant get out of bed.. Take a shower..etc. it doesnt mean they are crying or 'feeling blue' like the movies TV suggest. The also have a fairy foggy head, messed up sleeping patterns, messed up diet. They arent themselves anymore. Their bodies and mind shut down.. Its very physical.

I could never imagine them wanting to be cured.

Guest yinyang

People with depression are often immobile, cant get out of bed.. Take a shower..etc. it doesnt mean they are crying or 'feeling blue' like the movies TV suggest. The also have a fairy foggy head, messed up sleeping patterns, messed up diet. They arent themselves anymore. Their bodies and mind shut down.. Its very physical.

I could never imagine them wanting to be cured.

I 100% agreed with you until you wrote "I could never imagine them wanting to be cured".

You could never imagine. You could never Imagine what it is like for somebody to have thoughts of killing their loved ones 24/7. You could never imagine having to scrub your hands red raw until they bleed because you think they aren't clean. You cannot Imagine the torment a parent goes through from believing they want to sexually abuse their child. You cannot imagine what it is like to having to leave your house until everything feels right. You can't imagine what it feels like to be a prisoner of your own mind with no escape.

So how dare you tell me and others we don't want to be cured.

The point of this thread was to debate the dynamics of our illness. In fact I thought it maybe therapeutic to question how we feel and learn from each other.

You giving me amateur advice from somebody who has no knowledge of what it really feels like to be in a constant battle with their own mind infuriates me.

I have tried to take on your comments but my yin and yang have gone AWOL for this evening

Edited by yinyang

In fairness to Cackles, I think (I'm not sure) but I think given the preceding statement that he may either have made a typo and meant to say:

'I could never imagine them not wanting to be cured.'

Or, if someone is so unwell, maybe he's suggesting they're not well enough to be able to make an informed decision, I don't know for sure, but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt - I personally don't believe Cackle's is a troll, it's fine to disagree, debate, educate, but can we maintain a certain level of respect towards each other.

Guest legend

In fairness to Cackles, I think (I'm not sure) but I think given the preceding statement that he may either have made a typo and meant to say:

Or, if someone is so unwell, maybe he's suggesting they're not well enough to be able to make an informed decision, I don't know for sure, but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt - I personally don't believe Cackle's is a troll, it's fine to disagree, debate, educate, but can we maintain a certain level of respect towards each other.

in theory yes hal. in retrospect , the posts he is/have given aren't of any use what so ever, in fact to the point of causing further pain

however. that's cackles opinion of ocd

however. that's cackles opinion of ocd

Exactly, it's his opinion, no more no less - as Caramoole made clear on the previous thread.

There's just a sense of people pouncing on him based on that earlier thread that's making me feel uncomfortable, that's all I'm saying.

Guest legend

hey hal, you do a grand job mate. sadly from what peeps are saying is that his posts are making things worse, in fact ash said . if you are

practising therapy, don't use our members as guinea pigs, re posting picture of a person that was deleted

We cant pounce on people because of there opinions of ocd, but if there opinions are detrimental then it will happen

Guest yinyang

Possibly but I think not. His opinions as entitled to them as he is has angered me. I agree a certain level of respect should be maintained which I have tried so hard to do. His opinions are his own and should be taken into consideration. I have come to the conclusion typo error or not that this individual is up to no good. He may well say it is a typo error now to justify himself but I don't believe it. This is my opinion alone but his constant single minded views can only lead to one thing to me now, trouble

:yinyang:

I don't happen to agree with a lot of Cackle's views, but there are ways and means to voice that difference of opinion Legend, I just think we all have to bear that in mind sometimes when things get heated.

Anyway............back to the original question - absolutely, providing there were no side effects I'd take the tablet in a nanosecond if I could be rid of this thing.

although... and I know I shouldn't say this... there is a tiny party of me that would hesitate to take the pills though for fear that ocd would stop protecting the world from the "real" me and I would just lose control... I know that's just ocd but a tiny party of me does think that! x

Guest legend

would you take a pill that cures a brain tumour that killed my father ? yes

would you take a pill that cures MS that my best friend is dying of ? yes

Stupid question in the first place.

legend