advice needed - carer benefits?

Guest nikikav

Guest nikikav

Hi

I am just looking for some advise, does anyone know if there is any help ie carers allowance or anything else that you can get for ocd/anxiety, I am currently not working and have been job hunting for a while but finding it impossible due to my daughters ocd/anxiety my daughter hardly goes to school or goes in very late, the school haven't been very supportive or understanding which makes it even harder for her to go to school.

My daughter has just been referred to psychotherapist as things got really bad in the holidays, she has been seeing a lady from CAMHS, but dosnt seem to be helping with her, she is reluctant to say what my daughter has whether it is ocd or not,

im a single mum and own my house and now starting to struggle with things so any help or advice would be great.

Thanks niki

Hi niki,

I hope you won't mind, but I've moved your message over to this forum, I think more people with firsthand experience here might be able to offer you some good advice, but off the top of my head, I wonder if the Citizen's Advice Bureau or the Dept for Work and Pensions who have a telephone line for help with benefits might be worth googling?

Hopefully someone whose been in the same position might be able to offer you some suggestions, it must be very difficult.

Hal :original:

EDIT- Sorry niki, I hadn't realised you'd also already posted here :headslap:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sarahanne14

Hi Niki, I have been wondering the same thing myself this morning! After a horrible night with my son. (asleep at 1am) I had to ring work and tell them that I couldn't go in because I would have to take him to school late. I haven't had a formal diagnosis as yet and I am not sure how to go about it. We are waiting for an app with CBT and I am hoping that something positive will come of that. My worry is that this is getting a more frequent event with sleeping for him and its having an impact on us both I am a single parent and I am worried about holding my job down whilst we are going through all this. I feel for you. I think I shall try citizens advise too. If I get any answers I shall post. Kind regards

sarah