apologising?

Guest Transcendental

Guest Transcendental

this has happened twice now. i called a girl something when i was drunk that was moderately offensive but in a non-offensive context. i apologised a few hours later but she didn't even know i said it. i feel so terrible and i can't sleep. sound like OCD? i feel extremely guilty and the urge to apologise again and again is great

Edited by Transcendental
Guest rebbieh

I apologise waaaay too much even when I suspect I don't have to. In my case it's more about my social anxiety disorder than OCD (at least I think so).

I over apologise too. Out of nowhere, I'll turn to my husband and say 'I'm sorry' and he'll be like 'what are you apologising for??' usually I'll say 'for being such a **** wife' or 'for anything that I've done to upset you'. Could be seen as a compulsion I guess?

I do this. sometimes I look back on things that happened years ago and feel an overwhelming urge to apologise, even if bringing them up could do more harm than good. sometimes I apologise for apologising too much! I think this is a personality thing though (and a British thing, lol).

I do this. sometimes I look back on things that happened years ago and feel an overwhelming urge to apologise, even if bringing them up could do more harm than good. sometimes I apologise for apologising too much! I think this is a personality thing though (and a British thing, lol).

Haha yes- I've apologised for apologising too!! You could be right there though lol. I just hate the thought that I've upset anyone

Guest legend

apologising is or could be a form of a compulsion, especially if its an urge to do so, it would also be a form of reassurance

so if you feel the urge and are in a pickle, then resist I would say