A happy "birthday" from me!

Today I turn 25. In the very early minutes of this morning my husband took to holding me in a vice like grip, grinning mischievously and singing happy birthday into my ear (he sounds like a drunken camel when he sings, but you know, I still love it :p ) . He then took to winding me up about turning a 'quarter of a century', something I did to him on his 25th birthday. He mentioned we could visit retirement homes, have cake and milk so I can manage it with dentures, we could go to the pond and feed the ducks but I have to promise not to wander off now I'm 'getting on a bit', you get it...my husband is a wide-up merchant!

When he released me, he took to a (more loving) Facebook status, wishing his now wife a happy birthday and the such. When he returned his attention to me he was greeted by the sight of me sobbing gently into my pillow. Wiping away the tears, he asked me what was wrong.

"I just want to be happy for once, there's no point wishing to be rid of anxiety as the more you fight it the harder it gets, but I wish I could just be happy".

Soon after that thought, I changed my wish again. I don't wish that I could be happy, I wish that we could all be happy. I'm not going to wish we could be rid of OCD, we all know that sometimes wishing for something we know is unlikely or even impossible can make us feel worse, but I just wished we could all be happy, even for a day, just some smiles and laughter all round.

So there's my birthday wish, folks. I don't want ponies or castles or fancy cars, just for everyone with OCD, anxiety and depression to feel happy again, soon :original:

FoosBoo88

Guest dimmerswitch

Happy Birthday Foosboo!!!

Today is your Birthday, enjoy it, laugh out loud at any intrusive thought you might have, and think to yourself how clever you are to have such a thought. It's not unique, another one will be along, then another, then another..... Just think, intrusive thoughts, oh well, it's only a thought with no action, bored of it now, I'm moving on.

Enjoy your day

Happy birthday hun- all the best people are born in September (my birthday is on Sunday :D) - or should that be all the people who's parents were randy over the festive season haha!!

Anyway, I hope you have a great day, and that your birthday wish comes true for all of us :hug:

Happy birthday hun- all the best people are born in September (my birthday is on Sunday :D) - or should that be all the people who's parents were randy over the festive season haha!!

Anyway, I hope you have a great day, and that your birthday wish comes true for all of us :hug:

Lol thanks..not something I generally think about! :p

I'll probably be nursing my head Sunday, so if I am, happy (early) birthday, September sister! :D

FoosBoo88

Lol thanks..not something I generally think about! :p

I'll probably be nursing my head Sunday, so if I am, happy (early) birthday, September sister! :D

FoosBoo88

It's true though haha. My sister and I were actually due on the same day, so clearly there's one day a year where my dads luck is in haha!!

Oh mine too! This weekend is gonna be a 3 day pish up lol!!

It's true though haha. My sister and I were actually due on the same day, so clearly there's one day a year where my dads luck is in haha!!

Oh mine too! This weekend is gonna be a 3 day pish up lol!!

Haha Mrsp, there's 19 months two weeks to the day between my brother and I, there's a stand-in juke that he's a Devon Dumpling!

3-day?! I'm only doing about 7 hours! I've got shots, beer, mixers..I'll so regret this Sunday but stuff it! :D

Haha Mrsp, there's 19 months two weeks to the day between my brother and I, there's a stand-in juke that he's a Devon Dumpling!

3-day?! I'm only doing about 7 hours! I've got shots, beer, mixers..I'll so regret this Sunday but stuff it! :D

I'm Deffo a Devonshire dumpling lol. There's 2 years, 2 weeks and 2 days between my sister and I. When we were kids, I used to tell her that they froze Hitler's sperm and she was actually his daughter. A vivid imagination even then!

Yes, 3 days!! I originally had planned to do something on the Saturday, but our friends are getting married. So I rearranged it for the Friday. Then a few of our friends who can't make the Friday want to meet up on the Sunday instead! Just as well I have next Monday and Tuesday off from work!!

Haha, I'm all Bristle me (well...truthfully I'm actually 1/4 Cockney...but you know..)

Hehe, I'd do Friday but I felt it was unfair on my husband. Plus..swapping curry for party food?! Nuh uh! Your friends are mad getting married on a Saturday, it costs soo much more! We got married on a Friday and we're renewing on a Friday in 5 years time. Everyone said although they were tired going from work to a wedding reception was a really lovely uplifting way to start the weekend. I love having that effect on people! :original:

Haha, I'm all Bristle me (well...truthfully I'm actually 1/4 Cockney...but you know..)

Hehe, I'd do Friday but I felt it was unfair on my husband. Plus..swapping curry for party food?! Nuh uh! Your friends are mad getting married on a Saturday, it costs soo much more! We got married on a Friday and we're renewing on a Friday in 5 years time. Everyone said although they were tired going from work to a wedding reception was a really lovely uplifting way to start the weekend. I love having that effect on people! :original:

Brizzle lol!!

We got married on a Saturday- the following Monday was a bank hol as well. There was 2 reasons why we did that- one being that the part of the registry office that we got married in only did ceremonies on the last Saturday of every month, then we figured that any of my husbands family and friends can come down, and don't have to worry about work on the Monday :)

Brizzle lol!!

We got married on a Saturday- the following Monday was a bank hol as well. There was 2 reasons why we did that- one being that the part of the registry office that we got married in only did ceremonies on the last Saturday of every month, then we figured that any of my husbands family and friends can come down, and don't have to worry about work on the Monday :)

Bristle..Brizzle...depends who you ask :-p

See that's good thinking, but we wanted to save money for the honeymoon. We originally chose 3rd August 2012 but we had 4 deaths in my family in December 2011 and it was just the wrong time to say "s'ok...how about we plan my wedding instead?" I don't think even I was in a healthy state to walk the aisle!

Guest LauraMac

Today I turn 25. In the very early minutes of this morning my husband took to holding me in a vice like grip, grinning mischievously and singing happy birthday into my ear (he sounds like a drunken camel when he sings, but you know, I still love it :p ) . He then took to winding me up about turning a 'quarter of a century', something I did to him on his 25th birthday. He mentioned we could visit retirement homes, have cake and milk so I can manage it with dentures, we could go to the pond and feed the ducks but I have to promise not to wander off now I'm 'getting on a bit', you get it...my husband is a wide-up merchant! :original:

FoosBoo88

Haha your husband sounds hilarious! Someone with a great sense of humour can be really important to people with OCD. My brother is always a joker and it cheers me up so much!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Haha your husband sounds hilarious! Someone with a great sense of humour can be really important to people with OCD. My brother is always a joker and it cheers me up so much!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

LauraMac he can be...at times I want to bash him though but he always leaves me grinning, even now! Laughter definitely helps, though!

Thanks all for the birthday wishes, suffice to say...I am knackered!

FoosBoo88