Terrified!!

Guest Nikki79

Guest Nikki79

Myself and my friend went out last night and I got to bed not too late, but after a few drinks. Anyway when I was falling asleep I got this thought. It was my friend and then I had a few flashes of a memory where I immediately felt guilty but basically at the same time could not rem what it was last night. My heart was pounding before i finally fell asleep after trying to remember it. I tried again to rem this morning but then my mind tried to come up with scenarios that would make me worse. Anyway Im going to go to work but im pretty terrified cos what the hell could it be. I just knew in these thoughts i felt bad and it was right to. I can try think on it to rem but i just cant pull it up at all, the memory. :(

Hi Nikki, sorry you aren't feeling well. Try to keep in mind that OCD latches on to situations just like the one you are describing, brief passing thoughts, and amplifies their importance. Ask yourself this, if something really bad happened, don't you think your friend would say something? Since they haven't you should work on the assumption that it was just some random thoughts, probably affected by having had some thing to drink, and nothing more.

There is a swimming pool of thoughts and you are standing on the top of the diving board ready to dive right in.... you see Gizmo on the side, yelling "step back Nikki!!!! its ok! just step back!".

Its tough my friend. Really tough. Just keep your focus on what Gizmo says :)

Guest Nikki79

Machiato im freaked out cos i couldnt remember the thought the second i had it and was so anxious after but i felt it told me sumn wrong i did in the past!! Im so scared Machiato cos I dont want to ruminate on it when i did this morning my mind half thought of something, almost thought of something i could have done!!!

Guest Nikki79

no i didnt explain myself right.., i thought of my friend which reminded me of something bad i did in the past but cannot remember...i had a flash of something from the past and the feeling i got and familarity terrified me where i feel i need to remember the thought and know what it was in the first place..

If you can't remember, it's extremely likely that it didn't happen. I often wake up worried that I had a horrible dream, but if you can't remember it, leave it as one of those doubting worries that OCD gives us