Need to vent

Guest Si.P

Hi guys, sorry just need to get something out of my system. I've explained on here before that I'm a service engineer for the railway fixing trains but because of my OCD I have lost all confidence in myself and think I'm missing things and making mistakes so have to keep checking everything I do. Recently my company decided that for the time being they would make me a cleaner instead which made me feel really low but I thought at least my urge to check things wouldn't effect me doing that job but it has. I'm not even able to do a simple task but as soon as I go home I'm basically fine so I came to the conclusion that maybe I needed another job so I applied to be a bus driver. I passed the application and today I did some assessment tests which I passed and felt great but when I got home and worked out the drop in money me and my wife realised that it wasn't possible (my wages would drop a 1/3). Now I just don't know what to do, I'm struggling so much at work but I cant afford to go elsewhere and the companies occupational health seem determined to get me to leave. Whilst I was signed off by my doctor the O/H doctor signed me back fit to work as I had been signed of pending a psychiatrists review but he wanted me to go back to work as "they can take a while to come through" and he has now asked me to try to get my psychiatrist to change my medication as he doesn't like what they are prescribing me to take.

Sorry for the rant I'm just lost, I feel like **** and my head is now pounding.

Sorry to see your having a tough time

Whats happened CBT wise my friend ? and what type of meds does the OH dr suggest ? Did OH dr mention cbt at all ?

Are you in a union perhaps for further advice

Personally I don't think you should give up the job because of ocd, because with the right help ocd is beatable

Hi legend,

I'm still waiting for CBT as there are no slots available at the moment. I'm taking Pregabalin at the moment for anxiety but the O/H doctor wants me to start taking beta blockers instead. I am in a union at work so may see if they have any advice.

The medication treatments for ocd are an ssri . Heres a meds for ocd link from ocduk homepage http://ocduk.org/medication so in theory both meds

aren't recognised although beta blocker do have benefits, but not recommended under the "nice guidelines" for the treatment of ocd in reagrds to meds

a good tool also is the four steps . http://ocduk.org/four-steps-video

Did or is the OH dr aware of how ocd works and what meds should be offererd ?

Sorry I do take an ssri as well but I also take pregabalin to help with anxiety which is what he has an issue with. The OH doctor doesn't seem interested in the OCD he just wrote it down on the notes and it hasn't been mentioned since.

Sorry I do take an ssri as well but I also take pregabalin to help with anxiety which is what he has an issue with. The OH doctor doesn't seem interested in the OCD he just wrote it down on the notes and it hasn't been mentioned since.

well in theory he should be in regards of cbt maybe ?

Ideally we want to see you in a good position of not having to check , and get you back where you belong :)