cbt going well

Hi everyone.just wanted to say i had my forth cbt session today and after a rocky start with first one it is now going very well.i learned that everyone has intrusive thoughts and its the way we react to them that is the problem.so dont feel you are bad cos you have them cos you arent, everyone does!! Also i am learning how my early life experiences and a more recent critical incedent have contributed to my ocd which makes me understand better that it is ocd and not me causng harm.hope this helps some of you lovely people too.peace.ecomum

Hi Eco mum

Have you told your cbt therapist about your intrusive thoughts? I am waiting to see a cbt therapist and really want to get better but so scared of telling them the truth about my ocd thoughts.

Newmum

Guest silvergrey65

Hi newmum i have just started cbt and had about 3 sessions. It really is helping. I thought she might think i am a horrible person because of the intrusive thoughts i have but once i started getting to talk i felt she was not judging me. Good luck to anyone trying CBT i recommend it if you can just get past the nervous stage. Good luck to everyone. :original: