omg! my heart just thumped real bad that it hurt!

Im really worried, I was fine and just cleaning around the house before I went to college, and as I was putting some washing in the washing machine, I got this overwhelming thump in my chest, where I had to grab my chest! This has now made me really anxious and keep thinking im going to die!!!!!

I am so scared that ive rang college now and told em I'm not going in..... :(

Really dont want to die, I am so scared :'(

You're fine. It's totally normal and has happened to me before. Bear in mind that you'll probably feel it again if you keep thinking about it as it's a stress/anxiety thing. If it keeps happening by all means get it checked out but it's very, very unlikely to be anything sinister. :)

Hi Oetegenn,

I don't mean to say this to stress you out further, but I think you should see your doctor about this. x

Lets face it, it could be down to a number of things such as, stress, anxiety, trapped wind, indigestion, & so on, but I think sometimes it is best to get proper reassurance rather than dwelling for weeks & months.

All the best.

xx

I get sharp pains in my chest sometimes and I saw a doctor and he said it was muscle strian if that makes you feel better. But, anxiety does strange things to your body/nervous system/muscles. But do get it checked out for your own piece of mind.

I too have had painful feelings in my chest and worried about it, but over time I've come to realize that what I was feelng was just indigestion. If you are particular concerned you could consult your doctor but it's likely just a normal but unpleasant feeling event. If you do consult your doctor remember that when you get your answer you will likely still feel doubt and you should be ready to stand up to that doubt and not let the OCD get control.

I sometimes get worried about my heart and think it's about to give out and so on. I think worries about the heart in particular are tricky because (a) it reacts to anxiety - so the more you worry the more you worry about the thing it's doing (thanks a lot heart!) and (b) you can become hyper-vigilant of it (as with anything) and if you fixate on your heart you can start to notice all the thumps and random chest pains and irregular beats that you would probably have never noticed before. I think hyper-vigilance can to an extent even create certain issues (like the opposite of the placebo effect?) and us OCDers don't really stand a chance :)

I think it is worth getting physical problems checked out but if it was me I wouldn't be too worried about this.