So scared and worried

Hiya, I was wondering if anybody had any tips or experience that they might be able to help me with.

I am 18 at the end of January, which means I have to leave CAMHS and go into adult services.

I have been at CAMHS for 5 years now and they have helped me so much. I have created a great bond with many of the therapists and doctors. I have had many different therapist and doctors over the years who have been so lovely and helpful.

Without there help (and help from OCD-UK) I don't know where I would be today. My OCD was so serve before I went to CAMHS, it was awful. I never want to go back there again.

In about 2 month, I have to leave CAMHS. I am terrified. I really don't want to at all. They are my support and lifeline. I will really miss seeing them every week. They have kind of become my best friends, and I don't really have many friends outside of the hospital.

I really don't know how to cope with it, I really don't want to be 18.

Does anybody have any experience of leaving CAMHS after a very long time, or does anybody have any tips?

I am really struggling with it, even the thought of it makes me feel physically sick.

Thank you

Lucy

Guest BlueBird007

Hi Lucy, sorry to hear that this is making you so anxious. My daughter turned 18 last year after being under CAMHS for 5 years, and despite a lot of concern, mainly due to CAMHS telling her that under adult services her support would reduce, it has been an incredibly positive move and she is getting much more support in tune to her individual needs. She also gets very attached to people working with her, and finds change challenging. With us, CAMHS invited CMHT to be involved a couple of months before her 18th, so there was a seamless transfer, so although they did not start actually working with her until after her 18th, her care coordinator and start up process were in place. xx