Thankful I've followed through with the forum idea.

Guest Runnerchik

Guest Runnerchik

I've been a sufferer of OCD since about the age of 7. I went through stages of counting steps and needing to step in the right direction, moving from room to room. I had thoughts that unless I followed a certain religion, God wasn't going to love me. In school, I had to use a specific stall, if someone was in that stall, I would wait until it was free. Through my teenage years, the most common symptoms I faced were long showers...constant, repetitive washing and cleaning in the same pattern. And if something didn't feel right during the pattern, I needed to start over.

I more or less became aware of what I had been suffering from in a Psychology class in college. That is a moment I will never forget!

As years go by, I continue with the long showers, but now it's like my brain is picking the smallest thoughts or actions to consistantly repeat over and over until the next little things comes along that it wants to focus on.

I was on medication for about 2 years, until I started having severe numbing on one side of my neck followed by a ringing in my ear on the same side.

Since the loss of my job back in February, when I realize I'm having a good moment without the repetitive thoughts, I research natural ways to attempt reducing my OCD symptoms. I'm noticing more moments where it dawns on me that my OCD has backed off somewhat. Between this forum and continued research, I'm praying for fewer symptoms.