I hate myself

Guest BlondeMermaidxoxo

Guest BlondeMermaidxoxo

I'm so upset because I truly don't like myself. I rarely look in the mirror and like what I look like. I get so angry at myself because I don't like it. It makes me so anxious and I don't know what to do :(

Are you saying you might have BDD? A lot of us with OCD hate the way we look. I know of several attractive people who think they are ugly. I think if someone takes care of themselves by eating right, exercise and they are well groomed, they will probably be attractive. If you are really stressing out and you're hypersensitive about your physical flaws, then it is probably OCD at work and you need to treat it like OCD. From reading your other posts, your OCD might be jumping around.

Guest nervous

I also hate myself. Ocd has turned my life upside down the last few years and as a result most of the things that used to give me happiness and self esteem are gone. I like to consider this a transition one where I will come out of this and be even better than before but to be honest right now I have no idea when or if this will happen. All I can do is believe that under all this I am a good person and that one day this will make sense.

Guest BlondeMermaidxoxo

Are you saying you might have BDD? A lot of us with OCD hate the way we look. I know of several attractive people who think they are ugly. I think if someone takes care of themselves by eating right, exercise and they are well groomed, they will probably be attractive. If you are really stressing out and you're hypersensitive about your physical flaws, then it is probably OCD at work and you need to treat it like OCD. From reading your other posts, your OCD might be jumping around.

I don't think it's BDD. However, I do think it's just the ocd. Today I had a panic attack because I hated my hair and I was pulling my hair really hard in the car. I was so mad. I feel guilty for complaining though. I think it's my ocd because I find myself thinking I don't look perfect. I want to look like the Kardashians or Britney Spears because I look up to them and I get sad because I am no where close and to me I want to look just like them and idk. I hope this is a phase

Guest BlondeMermaidxoxo

I also hate myself. Ocd has turned my life upside down the last few years and as a result most of the things that used to give me happiness and self esteem are gone. I like to consider this a transition one where I will come out of this and be even better than before but to be honest right now I have no idea when or if this will happen. All I can do is believe that under all this I am a good person and that one day this will make sense.

Please don't hate yourself :( you are great. You can and will come out of this so strong. Look forward to that day because it's coming! Everyday is another day closer to your recovery :)

Well I don't hate you BM, I think you're great! You are a beautiful and courageous young woman! It's fine to look up to people and use their example to help inspire you to achieve your goals BUT you have to be careful about comparing yourself to them. We seldom see the struggles they go through or the years of hard work etc. Appearance wise it's even more tricky because in the case of both women you mention they have lots of money and professional make up artists at their beck and call. Try to believe in yourself, hopefully this is just a bad day!

I think I should have a flatter tummy, toned thighs and bum but somewhere along the line, I met my boyfriend and he loves me just the way I am. I might not be happy about the way I look but then I think we just always need something to complain about...it's probably that perfect or just right bit of the OCD.

Behind closed doors without their makeup on etc.....I bet Britney and kim look like just normal every day people! I bet they too, look in the mirror and hate themselves!

No one is ever happy....no matter how pretty, how skinney or how much money they have, they still are human and still have issues like anyone else.

Guest nervous

Please don't hate yourself :( you are great. You can and will come out of this so strong. Look forward to that day because it's coming! Everyday is another day closer to your recovery :)

everyday is another day closer to your recovery...good point I get so caught up in thinking how long will it take. Thanks.