small list of ocd achievements

Guest dan2

used a rusty spoon to make myself a cup of tea and eat yogart

accidentally hit a mercury containing energy saving lightbulb when stretching then thought some debris may have dropped down and brushed near my eye as it fell down but left it

ate phytic acid containing wholmeal bread and sodium nitrate containing bacon

lauramack - thankyou

more from today;

drank a cup of tea after wiping my hand on a tea towel which smelled like what I can only describe as stale sweat, not sure what it was, I resisted the urge to wash them in the wc with handwash

shut the door, pulled the handle up and locked it without really pushing on it to make sure it was closed then mentally reviewing it; after the last thing this felt like a walk in the park

switched on usb tethering on my phone without repeatedly checking as to whether the correct notifications were "deffinatley on"

addendum;

I think, sometimes it dose get easier, I had to go for a jog for the first one to get my mind in a higher vibrational state though

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

:clap: Wow Dan, you are doing AMAZING!!!!

This not a small list of achievements, it's a MASSIVE list of achievements. Also going for a jog (or any cardio) was a good move, as it helps with anxiety and mood in general, as i am sure you already know!

Keep at it my friend. :original:

Wayyyyy Hey Dan :cheer:

Don't you just feel in charge?

OCD is very powerful and persuasive.......it's also weaker than you imagine when you fly in its face.

Keep doing what you're doing, don't be bluffed by wobbles....and if you fall off the :horse: get right back on and keep going.

Proud of you :)

Caramoole

itsnotmeistmyocd and caramool - thankyou :D

its good for ppl to share their achievements on here because the support is great

and it does feel good to rebel against the OCD, it feels....very good

theres a sense of freedom, been pushed around by fear and having it tell u, u can't do this and that is the worst thing

I hope more ppl can share their achievements however small it may seem cos when u have ocd it really isn't

have a nice weekend everyone

gingerbread girl, honey and blondemermaidxoxo - thank u so much

it really is good to share this stuff rather than suffer in silence, its a kinda personal battle ppl suffer that no one else knows anything about and I think eveyone is going through one secretly whether they have ocd or not

I have another; didn't go into rumination after my email client started behaving eratically whilst I was simultanelously sending an email

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

:original: Wa-who Dan, you are doing amazing :original:

I have loved reading all your post, it really helps everyone when we read such achievements being made.

Keep it up Dan, and defo keep us posted.

itsnotmeitsmyocd - I decided to update this weekly with my top 3 achievements to charter my road to recovery

there have been lots of failures but basically I'm trying not to think about those cos they're ******* me off

left the door after locking it but having this overwhelming 0.1% doubt that I had'nt locked it and that someone was going to sneak in and steal my mobile phone

used a knife that had remnents of something I don't know what on it, i checked 3 more and they all had remnents of soemthing on them so went back to the second choice, next time I'll use the one with the serated edge

risked hiv by using a teabag with a red / brown spot on it (I know how absurd this is btw)

ate bread with specs of mould on it

life is more fun when ur willing to take risks and I'm commited to doing that now

living in a prison of fear is hell, its just not worth it

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

Hiya Dan

Thank you SO much for your update and I am sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Exactly like you say, try not to focus at all on exposures that have not been as successful as you would like, making the commitment to try them is a MASSIVE step full stop.

We ALL falter at times, myself allot of the time, but actually this is all part of progress of recovery. If OCD was that easy to be free from, none of us would have it in the first place. I believe that OCD has a very strong tendency to make us ruminate on "oh but I didn't do this exposure" "oh but x y and z" so I try and label all that chatter as another one of OCD bully tactics. I kinda liken it to someone having physio, like my mate that had a broken leg, it all takes time and practise and eventually it will come together :original:

And no nothing you have said sounds absurd to me in ocd terms at all, no more than my absurd ocd "themes" would to you- and I have many of them!

You are doing so well Dan, you have challenged so many things, you are on a roll my friend. I might start adding some of mine up, so we can kinda spur each other on.

Exactly like you say, life is more fun once you are able to try to stop living in fear from OCD and commit to challenging it head on. And there is nothing better than the achievement you feel when you win a few is there.

I am looking forward to your next Update.

Keep it up Dan, keep showing OCD who is the real boss. :group: