do your meds work

Guest rotorspeed

Guest rotorspeed

Im on clomipramine and seroquel whiletaking a few clonazepam, was working ok but now seems to not work as well, do others go through ups and downs with their meds?

Guest BlondeMermaidxoxo

Yes I do! Everytime I go to the psychiatrist we have to adjust my meds. I think I'm finally on a good amount. Sometimes i think it's not that your meds aren't working, it's that you may just have some extra stress going on so your ocd is acting up. I would discuss it with your doctor :) feel better!

Guest faircat

I find that if I'm going through a stressful time ( my son has been quite ill for a few weeks ) my ocd and anxiety increases. I usually wait a couple of weeks before running to the docs and usually it settles down once everything back to normal.

I think it depends on a lot of factors.

I was on two different SSRIs over the course of 7 years and didn't get much relief from OCD. The fear was still there and quite constant. My mood changed (the mean was pretty low) and the side effects were pretty rotten.

After three years of no meds (except for taking Seroquel twice and being out for 14 hours each time) I'm back on another SSRI. Maybe this one will work. So far the side effects are less. It's only 4 weeks in so I don't expect to see much effect yet.