11 years so far, ready to take it on :)

Guest CallieAlice

Guest CallieAlice

Hey everyone, my name is Callie Alice and I am 18 years old from Essex in the UK. I have been a severe sufferer of OCD for the past 11 almost 12 years. It began when I was 7, and I sadly lost my parents in a tragic accident, and not long after their death I developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have always thought myself kind of crazy, because my ritual is actually pretty dangerous and I have been in hospital due to effects of it on more than one occasion. My OCD revolves pretty much around numbers and magical thinking. I have huge supersticious thoughts but the main issue surrounds the number after 12. (Triskaidekaphobia) and the devils number. I can't say it or see it and when I do my ritual is counting loudly and repeating each number 7 times, and then I hurt myself. It is pretty scary, and I actually currently have my arm in a bandage after an event including scissors a few nights ago. (I'm okay :p). In late August, I actually was hospitalised after I stabbed my own side with a knife, which was extremely dangerous. I have been having CBT sessions and E&R sessions once a week since and I can see an improvement, and I have also been given different medication which is effective. I have managed to get off the knife thing however I kind of still have to hurt myself. That's what my ritual is. I do hate it, who wouldn't? But I am getting help and I am going to get better :) ~Callie xx

Guest LauraMac

Hey Callie it's nice to meet you. Really sorry to hear about your parents accident, that must have been very hard. I'm 19 so we're pretty close in age and my OCD started when I was about 7. Glad to hear you're getting the help you need. We're here anytime you need some support.

Laura x