Alcohol and OCD...

Guest Runnerchik

Guest Runnerchik

During Thanksgiving, I opened up on Facebook about my OCD struggles. Those who I expected to read it, went beyond that expectation. They put some time into research to enable themselves the understanding of the struggles.

I had the opportunity of joining family and friends on New Year's Eve with some tasty beverages. Throughout the evening, certain family and friends discretely asked how I was feeling. I felt fantastic. All OCD struggles were at rest. Of course the consequences of drinking hit the next morning, not a headache...a drained body. The same individuals who asked the night before about my OCD struggles, were curious the following morning. The OCD seemed to be on vacation, but returned within a few hours. Those struggle free hours were beyond phenomenal.

Considering alcohol is a drug...wishing something other than drugs could prohibit the struggles!

Anyway...Happy New Year All!! :original:

Guest gdn1000

hi runnerchick, i suffer with ocd and nervous ticks. also as a functioning alcoholic. don't recommend resorting to alcohol too often. it effects the nervous system and will make matters worse. glad you was able to get some tme out from it though. it sure is exhausting..x

Guest Runnerchik

OCD is completely exhausting! On top of those day to day struggles, I'm in a relationship with someone who has ADHD. His symptoms add fire to my symptoms. It can be very ugly!