Have you read it? It will prove to you that you are not a loser and explains how CBT helps and can help you with your spannering.

Edited by MrsF

Bruces, look on the second page of posts its one Legend posted yesterday an article on hyper-responsibility I think you will find it interesting and see how it relates to your spannering.

Yeah so stupid you have achieved a PSV and HGV - I think not Bruces :no: cut yourself some slack! I just tried the link and it won't work for me today either! Is it only a week now 'til your appt?

Guest irretractable

That's great they're referring you for CBT! Individual or group? Maybe the therapist can help you address your depression and suicidality with CBT too. CBT can help the meds work better.

Thing is I have such a negative outlook on everything I will go with the idea that it's not going to work and I will spoil it it's as if I enjoy feeling sorry for myself,I don't suppose that makes much sense

Guest irretractable

It does make sense, but maybe a good therapist can push through that. A good therapist can help you get out of feeling sorry for yourself.

It is worth it. Bruces, however scary or impossible it seems you are going to have to throw yourself into your CBT you can't go giving up now before you have given it a good go. It does work. Like you when I did my CBT I'd had OCD for over 20 years and I'd reached the end of my tether with it. I was so desperate for my life to be like other peoples who don't have OCD that I threw myself into treatment and exposures and for me it did work. I've now come out the other end of this relapse by going over all the stuff I'd learnt and putting it back into practice. Bruces, please give the CBT your all. x

I have no interest in life I'd rather just not be here I hate all of it

Hey bruces, I'm sorry that you're feeling bad. I often feel that way too; like there's no point, it's hopeless, etc. I think it's important to remember that these are lies, there's not an ounce of truth to them. As for hating life, deep down there has to be some part of you that wants to live. You're still here, after all. I think that's a good thing bruces, you still being around. :group:

Edited by Purplepiper7

I know you don't want to hear it but i'm gonna say it again (and again and again until you believe me!) CBT will give you the life you want. I for one and everybody else who talks to you on here is very glad you don't have the bottle because the world is a better place because you are in it. Bruces each life touches lots of other lives more than you realise I can't begin to tell you how hellish it was when my daughter tried taking her life please never put your family and friends through that life is precious. Throw yourself into the CBT.