THE LINDEN METHOD

Guest Jamesp

I'm not sure I agree with you Snowbear (which is rare! :) ) - I don't think he likes bad publicity AT ALL and would go to extraordinary lengths to silence it.  I personally feel it's important that we make sure people are aware of all this, as there is very little negative said about him on the internet due to his vociferous attacks aimed at anyone who dares to say anything less than 100% glowing.  

I agree with you 100% GBG that he's uncomfortable about bad publicity. Egotists never take criticism well. But he's also wily enough to turn it to his advantage and IMO is trying to do just that with his 'we're being trolled' response. His ego might be bruised but he'll still be rubbing his wallet over the increased publicity. 

I also agree with Ashley that somebody needs to counter the propaganda fluff with facts to make the public aware of what's what. 

My heart just sinks every time this thread gets resurrected - which is why I'm going to make no further contribution and hope it soon slides back into oblivion. 

We will have to agree to disagree, Snowbear - I don't think he believes the trolling helps him, I think he's absolutely desperate to silence any and all criticism.  

I think this thread is important as there will be people visiting this forum considering buying the method, and there is very little out there they can use to make a judgment on whether that's a good idea.  Other charities have been threatened into removing threads such as this so I think it's important to keep this one going.

I saw a friend of mine for the first time yesterday in a while and his son is having a terrible time with OCD and went to the Linden residential centre recently. It's a bit of a horror story but I'm a bit concerned about threats of libel so if anyone wants to hear more let me know and I'll send you a personal message. Best wishes, Phil.

Edited by PhilM
adding a bit
1 hour ago, PhilM said:

I'm a bit concerned about threats of libel

I guess this is what he hopes for sadly. But if anyone is concerned, provided we stick to facts, there is not much he can do. But if anybody does have a story to share and is concerned please PM or email them to me :)

A new low... 

Allegedly (the video's been removed). Linden posted a video that appears to be his son using some kind of emotional heart string pulling go at one of his critics (a gentleman with anxiety issues) claiming this guy is making mummy, sister and daddy unwell (i.e The Linden's).  I have a screenshot of the front screen of the video but I wont post it because of the child's age. 

I watched it last night, it was removed from Facebook but can still be found.  It's being posted like his son posted it, but the language used and the text used with the video description is all smacking of the Linden M.O.  To use a child this way is seriously unethical at best, but what message does this send to his child in the future?   Same old story, Linden feels pressure so he resorts to emotional guilt tripping.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23/09/2017 at 21:48, ocdishell said:

ok guys, ive been reading a lot of the post on here, but still dont get exactly what the method is.

can anybody tell me? is it so secret that ill have to buy the method-thing to know? i just dont get it at all?

Hi OCDishell,

From what I can gather (and I haven't read the method myself, only seen other people talk about it) is the method involves (a) not talking about anxiety to anyone - not your doctor, not friends and family, not forums etc; and (b) going out and getting as busy as possible (I suppose to distract you from anxiety).  That is essentially it.  There are nine pillars but they each basically boil down to either (a) don't talk about anxiety and (b) get busy (and also stop taking medication).  Although I don't think these steps are necessarily wrong, they are woefully oversimplified.  My real problem with the method though is that I find the behaviour of the organisation very unethical in how it handles criticisms or even just queries.