The Speakmans

Guest Tricia

This wasn't particularly about OCD. It was about one lady with trichotillomania ...a related condition but not OCD.

I'm delighted this lady was helped.....but if she was it appears it was (based on the Speakmans explanation/theory) more about a simple phobia/reaction to an incident than someone who truly suffers from OCD.

They based their theory on someone who experienced incidents of bullying because of their luscious hair and who therefore (subconsciously) chose to damage their hair because of that.

OCD doesn't work like that....it isn't that simple. The manifestation doesn't necessarily relate to "An Incident" as such...or can be related to a particular life incident or event. Much of what the Speakmans say ( in a general sense) isn't invalid (anxiety/phobia wise). OCD wise, it's not as straightforward as they profound.

I don't think they're "Bad" people

Much of what The Speakmans say makes common sense (generally). OCD wise, they've got a lot to learn

I'm delighted this lady was helped.....but if she was it appears it was (based on the Speakmans explanation/theory) more about a simple phobia/reaction to an incident than someone who truly suffers from OCD.

I think it was the lady who posted that single post on this thread a few weeks back Caramoole.

This wasn't particularly about OCD. It was about one lady with trichotillomania ...a related condition but not OCD.

They based their theory on someone who experienced incidents of bullying because of their luscious hair and who therefore (subconsciously) chose to damage their hair because of that.

OCD doesn't work like that....it isn't that simple. The manifestation doesn't necessarily relate to "An Incident" as such...or can be related to a particular life incident or event. Much of what the Speakmans say ( in a general sense) isn't invalid (anxiety/phobia wise). OCD wise, it's not as straightforward as they profound.

I don't think they're "Bad" people

Much of what The Speakmans say makes common sense (generally). OCD wise, they've got a lot to learn

I saw an interview on This Morning, Caramoole, and I agree with everything you have written.

Ashley or Caramoole, please can you tell me whether messages have been removed from here? I am concerned I am losing the plot as I can't find ones I thought I had written (or those I replied to).