Unwanted urges?

Guest OCDsufferer9

Guest OCDsufferer9

I suffer from POCD. I'm having these feelings like I actually am attracted/want to act out on my thoughts? Like, I get feelings which feel so real almost to what I usually feel towards adults? I'm so scared and depressed. Is this OCD? :(

Guest irretractable

Hi OCDsufferer9, I noticed you're posting the same question. Clearly you're really freaking out, and I'm sorry you feel so bad. It seems like a lot of people have reassured you that this is OCD, but you're still having a hard time. What do you think would be helpful at this point?

Guest OCDsufferer9

Hi OCDsufferer9, I noticed you're posting the same question. Clearly you're really freaking out, and I'm sorry you feel so bad. It seems like a lot of people have reassured you that this is OCD, but you're still having a hard time. What do you think would be helpful at this point?

Accept that unwanted urges are normal with OCD?

Guest irretractable

Yes, that's what you have to accept. And you have to accept that there is absolutely no way to know with 100% certainty the reason for those urges. But you have to go about your life anyway.

Guest legend

yes implement tools youve been given , the forums arent a tool for reassurance purpsoses

that aside , easy to say to stop , but thats something a sufferer has to learn , gather knowledge , implement it

Guest OCDsufferer9

yes implement tools youve been given , the forums arent a tool for reassurance purpsoses

that aside , easy to say to stop , but thats something a sufferer has to learn , gather knowledge , implement it

I would totally agree with everything irretractible has said. x

All I'm sure of is that they're unwanted and cause me distress.

It's very hard to be asked to believe something when your mind is constantly giving you reasons why not to believe it is only OCD. These past 2 days I was doing so well, believing it is OCD. In fact, I was a bit horny and it was automatic to have an urge towards adults. I felt, at the time, that those unwanted urges were more like false messages but now I'm doubting everything.

Guest legend

yep so you post, thats reassurance seeking. Panic , fear ,doubt , =post . and that same cycle happens

hard , but youve got to resist it

Guest OCDsufferer9

I will try my best but it's very hard as it feels so real and so similar to what I usually feel towards adults and that's why it troubles me.