Doubting I even have OCD?

Guest heartplace

Guest heartplace

Do you ever have this fear that you may not actually HAVE OCD, despite all the bad thoughts and compulsions you perform? My mom told me a while back that I wasn't having near as much trouble as I started to after I read about OCD, but I was! I just didn't know what the heck it was and kept it all internalized for too long (almost a decade). Now I just happen to know the source of my pain. But after she said that I began to doubt even having the disorder and wondered if maybe I deliberately did bad things instead of having uncontrollable thoughts and doubts. It was scary to think about!

Edited by heartplace
Guest heartplace

My doubts went away for maybe a couple of weeks, but now I'm doubting I even have it again! It's very scary because I honestly would rather have OCD than deliberately do something wrong.

Edited by heartplace
Guest irretractable

That's an ongoing doubt for me. I wonder whether I'm just constructing symptoms to get attention or as an excuse for my shortcoming. Or that it's convenient to think I have OCD rather than I'm actually doing something wrong.

Guest legend

remember the cliche , if it feels like ocd then it probably is , and by applying this and implementing cbt techniques

you wil get better :)