BAFTA's - Bedlam

I watched the Baftas' last night and was so happy when they announced it had won, a big win for mental health awareness, especially as yesterday was the last day of mental health awareness week :)

Edited by al_1983

Tis excellent news :) well done Bedlam, a truly deserved win ! !

2 more programmes that have strong mentions of ocd are coming out later this year. Both respected science programmes. In London at the moment helping out with them . Not sure how they are going to be edited , but fingers crossed its a new slant on ocd we haven't seen before !

Edited by Eddy

New slant on OCD... the kind of thing Channel 4 said about Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners! Also the reason we have rejected our involvement and recruitment for a number of programmes of late, because of 'new slants' which we did not feel comfortable with. Unfortunately for us, any ethical stance the charity take on programme involvement is undermined when other organisations list the recruitment, without really taking a look at the impact such a programme might have, Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners being an example.

I can understand your concern Ashley. I really understand it. I know that these programmes have not approached any ocd charities at all, to recruit anyone . So it won't be one of the programmes you rejected out of concerns. I think they will reach a new audience that wouldn't normally tune into ocd or mental health programmes , and as far as I do have control they will be done in a way that promotes positive awareness of ocd .