One Positive thing about your day :-)

I took a picture of Chelmsford Cathedral, to show to my wife - and managed to upload it from the firm's blackberry to this laptop by Bluetooth!

We both love churches and cathedrals - many have been there for years, indeed centuries, and exude an atmosphere of peace calm and tranquillity - whilst the architecture and the stories inside of the people that have worshipped there add colour, and structure and history.

Did a fair amount of ERP today. Listened to a song from my past, wandered round the supermarket without tracing my steps or what I touched, and went to a house where I used to live, stepped in the driveway, and stepped back out again. All of these things have contaminated me, especially the last one, I'm freaking out a little but I've got it under control. The CBT seems to be working in reducing my anxiety, and sometimes I just can't be arsed to perform certain compulsions any more.

Also finished a two week project at work today, apart from one little bit which I need to delegate to someone else, and really feel like I'm starting to understand what I'm doing in this job.

Did a fair amount of ERP today. Listened to a song from my past, wandered round the supermarket without tracing my steps or what I touched, and went to a house where I used to live, stepped in the driveway, and stepped back out again. All of these things have contaminated me, especially the last one, I'm freaking out a little but I've got it under control. The CBT seems to be working in reducing my anxiety, and sometimes I just can't be arsed to perform certain compulsions any more.

Also finished a two week project at work today, apart from one little bit which I need to delegate to someone else, and really feel like I'm starting to understand what I'm doing in this job.

This is a really positive post - well done. You re on that road towards pulling back out of the compulsions that take up so much time.

No Sun here today but I managed to supervise the tree surgeons taking down a large Willow tree that has bedn killed by a fungus infection;

I've been to hospital and undergone a CT scan, looking for kidney stones;

And I managed to get quite a lot of work done from my home office.

I've been training up newly-promoted/newcomer youngsters in my part of the company over the last few weeks.

We've all enjoyed it, I've seasoned the insurance training with some cracking personal anecdotes, and today I completed the last training, which took the form of a powerpoint presentation by laptop and projector, intersperced with interactive questions and answers.

It went brilliantly, we all had a terrific time with this one.

Each time I've done a presentation, they subsequently get a copy of the slides - the "speaker's notes" plus supporting documents e-mailed or sent to them.

These training courses are I think extremely valuable intellectual property for the firm, and are going to be used again and again - updated as appropriate.

So my post-retirement legacy also includes these training packages, and I'm feeling really, really good about that.

The youngsters are really sad they won't be working with me going forward - but what they don't know is that I should be invited back fro the Christmas party, and catch up with how they are getting on then.

I think I now know how our teacher colleagues have a real affinity with their young charges!!!

Guest aleuk

It's my day off from work and the sun is shining, going to eat lots of different food and just generally enjoy the day relaxing. :)

Its village fete day where I live so, whilst my wife has her weekly "catch-up" call with her sister, I've been to the fete (just a five minute walk away, and nestling on the edge of Epping Forest).

Gorgeous day, loads of families out to enjoy some fun.I won a coconut on the coconut shy and gave it to a deserving little girl.

Had a hogroast for lunch and caught up with local gossip.

Fab-u-lous!

Roy

Building on that, since we didn't feel like it on Thursday, as our wonderful old - but sadly dead - Willow tree was taken down by tree surgeons in the morning, and in the afternoon I had to undergo some lengthy and invasive CT scanning procedures st the hospital, we celebrated my wife's birthday at home this evening.

The highlights included a lovely Pizza cooked in the oven, some home-made (by her) orange pudding, and watching two episodes (from a video box set) of the wonderful british TV series "The Victorian Kitchen Garden" accompanied by a bottle of Chardonay.

A truly lovely evening.

Guest paramoregirl

Sounds like you have had some lovely days roy. I really enjoy local village fetes as well. We have been to quite a few this year.

Sorry to hear about your ct scan. I hope all is well.

Well it's only eight in the morning so the day has yet to begin but I have had a lay in so that is defiently a positive thing xx

Hi Paramoregirl,

The scan is part of a range of diagnostics I am undergoing to establish exactly why there is a trace of blood in my urine.

I have had kidney stones before so that might be it- or it could be because they have found that my prostate is enlarged (not uncommon at my age) - or - the main reason for all the checks - there could be cancer (the doctor is not taking any chances).

We'll know the results soon enough - meanwhile I am keeping busy.

Guest paramoregirl

Well it sounds like you are being well looked after and the doctors looking after you are doing everything they should be doing. It will of course be worrying and your doing the right thing keeping busy. They have to make sure but iam sure it is nothing to worry about. Let us know how you get on x

I am sitting in my lovely garden, replete from a stir-fry cooked by my lovely wife, using my laptop with a view to helping other people - one of my all-time favourite - and most rewarding - occupations