New OCD-UK Wristbands Question

Over the years we have sold thousands of our 'Just a thought?' wristbands to raise money for our charity, provide a supportive tool for the buyers and raise some awareness too. So last month I ordered replacement stock, but our supplier have made an error and supplied the embossed slogan but with a white fill within the embossed part.

At first, I did not like them, they looked a little 'cheap' and less discreet but of course the slogan does stand out clearer, and they are growing on me.

I am still waiting on our supplier informing me about replacing these, but I wondered what those that actually wear their wristband think, would you have preferred one of these with the white filled embossed.

post-1-0-98235100-1403889121_thumb.jpg

I prefer my original but would wear the new one. I guess the downside is that the existing ones can be worn without drawing any attention to the slogan, perhaps for those who use it for self-support but don't feel comfortable having other people know about if, but for those who wear it for raising awareness then the new style will be better for that.

Guest Charlotte

I love my wristband - wear it everyday. I like that it's subtle and doesn't scream OCD - it's a good conversation starter if I want but otherwise it's just enough to remind me to stay strong without telling everyone else ;)

That said, I would wear an embossed one when at home / with friends etc... just maybe not at work/uni.

I'll have to buy one ;)

• 1 month later...

Here's a simple solution!.

All we need to do - those of us that don't like the embossed part, or prefer not to show the wording to the world, simply flip the wristband over so the wording is on the underside!

So - awareness ok, or world-aware - show the - embossed - wording on the outside.

Otherwise, flip the band over.

Roy

Thanks for your feedback all. I have decided to keep the white embossed ones, the supplier did us a deal to supply both at reduced prices, so I have put both options for sale in the OCD-UK online store at a reduced price until the of August for just a quid.. bargain!

http://www.ocdshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=16&products_id=3