escitalopram, cipralex, lexapro

Guest OCDelighted

Guest OCDelighted

Is anybody either presently taking or have taken any of the above in the past and what was your experience, good or bad?

Guest Plex

I've taken escitalopram and lexapro in the past. As I've stressed before, I'm not yet diagnosed with OCD and they weren't prescribed for OCD, BUT my most severe depressive episodes are caused (or at least exacerbated) by really obsessive and repetitive nasty thoughts that won't go away and I didn't find either of those helpful. In saying that, I also didn't have any side effects which was nice. But of course everyone's constitution is different so they may be helpful to you.

Guest crazyymindddd

im on citalopram at the moment..... at first made it a bti worse as to be expected but then the anxiety started to lower... but distress was still their and obsessions non stop... iv upped to 30 mg and the physical anxiety has gone.. like the hot sweats the tightness etc but the ocd is still affecting me in a big way.. my experience is when it started i couldnt even function in my daily life or do any work etc..now the citalopram has helped me get through my days and function alot better if im honest but ocd is still a big part of my days... but it has helped massively in making me able to function and resist the compulsions to some degree.. i still feel relaly down etc and the **** that come swith ocd but it has helped massively in getting on with life and functioning in day to day life and acting ok

Guest crazyymindddd

and also id say some days the obsessions arent as often... still their alot but i am able to have times where i am occupied and their not their for a while.....

Guest Mioara

My husband was on cipralex since may 2013,until april 2014 and i can say it was the worse time of our life. They messed up his brain completely during the treatment. He wasnt giving a **** about nothing or no one...he was distroying himself and everyone who loves him. In february 2014 he started pshichotherapy wich helped him alot and he started to reduce the dose slowly. From 8th of april he is "clean" and he feels better. If anything happens again(God forbid) i know that he will never take pills again. I have been told that they help people...but not my hubbie...

Edited by Mioara
Guest OCDelighted

I can relate! My recent experiences with meds haven't helped to any degree, in fact I think they have set me back if anything.

Escitalopram was suggested by my GP as I had some luck with citalopram in the past and it's essentially just like xibit pimped citalopram and hiked up it's wholesale value.

Pimp My Antidepressant! I'd watch that.