diazepam withdrawal

Guest penny0305

Guest penny0305

I am on a reducing.dose of.diazepam to try.and get me.off the.clonazepam a private psychiatrist prescribed over a year ago.I am struggling so badly.I feel like.I am drugged up and.walking through Treacle all the time yet my anxiety and ocd are still.sky.high.it takes me ages to get going in the.morning.everything feels like a monumental effort.I don't know.how much longer I can carry.on like this.I know I need to get off them but I didn't feel like this on clonazepam.at least I could.function. I feel like these are more addicting than the clonazepam.I just feel ill with it now and.I'm.not even.taking the.full prescribed dose.I'm trying to take as little as possible to get off them quicker and.stop this awful drugged up feeling.I just.don't.know what to do anymore.my gp doesn't.even want to see me.during the.taper.she just said just to stick.with it but I feel.so.awful and.desperate

Hi I have been taking Diazapam lately, What dose were you on to start with. I just take one when I feel really bad and the the doctor told me this is ok. I am not sure about the other tablets your on I have never had those x

Guest jayjay89

Trying to cut down your dose so quickly could be part of the problem, maybe try going back up to the prescribed dose and ease of slowly, benzo withdrawal can be as bad as coming off heroin! Don't rush it!

Guest penny0305

I feel so much more depressed on diazepam.the clonazepam.didn't make me feel like this. I feel doped up but still really anxious and my.ocd is in overdrive. I wish id just stayed on clonazepam because at least I could.function. I feel so depressed I just feel like taking the whole.packet

Guest jayjay89

I absolutely don't mean to sound harsh but you need to take what uou are prescribed or you need to go to the gp today and tell them you aren't and how you feel! Also unless your packet is massive (like 50+ pills and have a bunch of other stuff to mix with it) taking the whole packet is probably not going to change your situation, I ate 72 benzos at the start of the year, all it did was put me to sleep for a bit.

Anyway, please ring the dr apand just explain where you are at, it's possible to swap from clom to diaz while taking both at the same time which is possibly what you need to do... Or maybe now isn't the right time for your meds to change... Only your gp/dr can help you right now,

good luck!

Edited by jayjay89
Guest penny0305

I just feel so desperate.my ocd is off the scale and I just can't, cope anymore., my behaviour isn't normal, I truly feel that I'm going insane. I am obsessing over everything and I feel so ill. I'm at the point where life isn't worth living anymore.

Guest Plex

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad Penny. If you are feeling this desperate then talking to your doctor again is probably a good idea. He/she may not have expected you to have such a difficult time and might agree to a slower taper to try and minimize the difficulty you're having adjusting. Do you feel that you're able to be firm with your doctor? Sometimes we need to be forceful in getting our concerns addressed. If the current plan is going to make you so unwell that you're having thoughts of harming yourself to escape the distress then it's very important that you let your GP know.

Guest penny0305

I just.want.to.die now.I've had.enough.the.doctor won't.help and.I can't.do this anymore.my.life.is over, it's.not.worth.living

penny0305,

if you are there please don't do anything silly sweetie. We are all here for you. Medication can be a very key component in improvement but can be a hit and miss exercise. You are very brave - don't forget that and it is all OCD. I know it feels like so much effort but it is worth continuing. You must seek medical help and maybe call a relative or friend to speak with your surgery.

Please please take a difficult step and keep going.

Hi Penny,

If this doctor won't listen, is there another at the practice you could speak to?

Failing that, if you're thinking of harming yourself PLEASE get yourself to A&E. There will be people there who can help.

:hug:

Guest penny0305

I've.got a doctors appointment this afternoon.but I.don't hold out any hope.they'll just tell me to.stick with the diazepam.at least I didn't feel suicidal on clonazepam.I just can't see any point to my life anymore.it's torture from morning to night

Guest penny0305

My cbt has ended and I just feel abandoned.it was no help at all and I feel like I have no coping mechanisms for when things are this bad.I just go into meltdown.I can't take another day of it

Guest Plex

Penny please go to A&E if you can't see your doctor, at the bare minimum you can get a second opinion on the plan for your meds. But it's extremely important that you let someone who can help know what you're feeling right now.

Guest OCDelighted

My cbt has ended and I just feel abandoned.it was no help at all and I feel like I have no coping mechanisms for when things are this bad.I just go into meltdown.I can't take another day of it

You would be surprised.

I am feeling like you at the moment but you are stronger than you realise, I never think I can get through each day but if you keep fighting you can do it. You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have. x

Penny, I know you are at your wits end, but it sounds to me like you are heading in the right direction, & need to ride out the storm a while longer, & it will then get easier & easier! (still try & see a doc though!)

I used to feel bad on diazepam, but I'd sooner be on that, as opposed to feeling more than okay on something even more highly addictive.

You'll get there in the end! Are you allowed a drink at all in moderation?