Let's Try To Look For The Positives Today!

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I find the connection between depression and OCD to be pretty natural, anybody and I probably mean everybody would be depressed if they told themselves people with OCD tell themselves, being a pedophile, wanting to kill your family or whatever obsession you have. Now, if you also believe it then it is not strange that you feel down, anything else would be extremely strange, straight out abnormal. 

My therapist told me that beneath the waves of turmoil on the surface of our ocean of thinking, there will be a sea of calm. 

That's why we have to dive down a little deeper to find that calm. 

So my mood's been a bit up and down recently but today at work, I was chatting with a little girl and her parents. The little girl was encouraged to wave goodbye to me; I blew her a kiss as her Dad carried her away and she blew one straight back! ? Adorable.

Cub, that's so sweet!

Today I bought some fun, coloured socks - doesn't sound much I usually don't allow myself to express a sense of joy. 

10 minutes ago, Wren said:

Cub, that's so sweet!

Today I bought some fun, coloured socks - doesn't sound much I usually don't allow myself to express a sense of joy. 

I absolutely love fun socks :) I like to wear them under my work clothes it's comforting somehow :) 

I have some lovely yellow tour de France socks that came free with a cycling magazine :)

Bad news is my wife will only allow me to wear them during the days of the actual Tour itself :weep:

8 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Well I've had a pretty bad day ocd-wise today and been feeling pretty down about  it. 

But... Going to watch bohemian rhapsody on dvd tonight so looking forward to that :) 

Said to be a good film, so enjoy and forget what went before :)

Brilliant, and very organised! 

Today, my big positive is that I have changed my profile status to ex-sufferer. :taz:(Not sure why I choose this emoji, just liked it!) 

Wow that is a positive. 

I am hesitating to do that until I see how I get on with reducing my meds. 

I don't think they actually affect the OCD itself, but I am not counting any chickens. I am only targeting a reduction, and gradually, but not quite ready yet. 

Theres nothing wrong with taking meds long term if that is what you need, I wouldn't put pressure on yourself to stop taking them if you have no need to do so, everyone has different needs regarding recovery. Hope you are having a nice day today!

Edited by Guest