Let's Try To Look For The Positives Today!

Guest jayjay89

Negative, I was up until 3.30am this morning :/

Positive, first day of new role today.... After today it won't be new anymore lol, phew!

Negative

Lots to do and work to handover before I retire

Positive

At my Chelmsford office today; weather gorgeous, so walked down to the centre of town and the river Chelmer, found a cafe by the river and sat down for a sandwich banana and soft drink.

Divine!

Negative

Probably my last - ever - visit to the Lloyd's of London building, and my last ever seminar.

Had to say farewell to a wonderful young man I have been training up - I am sure he will go far, but I feel like I am losing someone I really care about. I will just have to cope with that - teachers must experience this when their charges leave.

Positive

A successful day's work and the weather is gorgeous in old London town.

Guest legend

positive today . I close my barbers on a tuesdays , but i pop out and cut hair for my elderly customers who are

no longer able to get out ,

One is 84 , one is 87 , the other 94.

Not about the money , its about seeing there face light up and spending time with wonderful people ive known for

30 years plus

Positivity and priceless :)

Guest jayjay89

Awh Roy that's sad - but you are right, students do go off into the world and teachers don't usually hear from them again!

Negative, I'm finding sleep impossible at the moment and I have no idea why :( I'm so over tired I walked into the door at work today.. 3 times :/

Positive, I drank out of a cup today :) first time since I was 14!

Guest DOA623

Negative: It's 5:30 am and I want to sleep.

Positive: I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow morning and the day after that I'm going to San Francisco

Guest Anonomous17645

Negative- ocd and anxiety have popped up today!

Positive- I've managed to keep ocd and anxiety at bay for the last few days, which is proving that I can do it!

Guest Shannon

Negative: a few silly thoughts popped up.

Positive: A nice day and managed to quickly regain control. I made a delicious pasta bake for dinner, new toys arrived for my little one and we enjoyed unpacking them. Now sat enjoying a cold Peroni and going for a picnic tomorrow.

Negative: a few silly thoughts popped up.

Positive: A nice day and managed to quickly regain control. I made a delicious pasta bake for dinner, new toys arrived for my little one and we enjoyed unpacking them. Now sat enjoying a cold Peroni and going for a picnic tomorrow.

Sounds like you dealt with the silly thoughts in the right way.

All in all, looks like a lovely day.

Guest Shannon

Thank you Taurean.

It has been a lovely day and I have enjoyed myself. I was able to recognise the thoughts for what they were and as the anxiety has faded I am SO glad that I was able to regain control and stop the horse galloping off down the hill! It is so important to use distraction methods as later in the day I can appreciate that the thoughts were down to OCD.

I hope you have had a good day and thank you for all you inspirational posts- you have a very strong, positive spirit and it is very uplifting.

Thank you Taurean.

It has been a lovely day and I have enjoyed myself. I was able to recognise the thoughts for what they were and as the anxiety has faded I am SO glad that I was able to regain control and stop the horse galloping off down the hill! It is so important to use distraction methods as later in the day I can appreciate that the thoughts were down to OCD.

I hope you have had a good day and thank you for all you inspirational posts- you have a very strong, positive spirit and it is very uplifting.

Thank you Shannon. I felt that you had dealt with those thoughts correctly, well done - it really is about getting into the swing of observing them, labelling them OCD and moving on into distraction without engaging with them.

And thank you for your kind appreciation of my efforts - that means a lot to me.

I have had a good day too. Today was scheduled for working at home, and in London .today, as you know, the weather has been gorgeous.

I went for breakfast in my friend's café - my usual cronies were in there so a lot of laughs - then I set my garden furniture and firm's laptop out in the shade at the end of the garden and worked away till lunchtime - my wife was out at the shops, so I put everything away, closed everything down and went for a pie and a pint!

This afternoon, 3 of the neighbours' cats joined me, all snoozing away - and one client who called refused to accept that I was actually working normally in my garden (although I was).

Guest paramoregirl

positive today . I close my barbers on a tuesdays , but i pop out and cut hair for my elderly customers who are

no longer able to get out ,

One is 84 , one is 87 , the other 94.

Not about the money , its about seeing there face light up and spending time with wonderful people ive known for

30 years plus

Positivity and priceless :)

This is awesome, I bet you make their day. I used to work as a carer for elderly and I know how valuable the little things can be.

Guest paramoregirl

Roy - Sounds like you have had a gorgeous day. I am so jealous. Unfortunately we cant afford anywhere with a garden at the moment. We live in our flat which is nice enough but I miss the outdoor space. It is proving almost impossible for us to get onto the housing ladder at the moment due to property prices in the south east going crazy.

Well today.

NEGATIVE - I am in a lot of pain with my frozen shoulder and I cant do any yoga at the moment. I had a slight ocd panic over checking my keys.

POSITIVE - I have made some amazing progress this week with cutting down and cutting out some of my compulsions. I have also stuck to healthy eating the last few days and feel alot better for it.

Edited by paramoregirl

The trick with the property ladder is to bide your time take your opportunities buy properties cheap that are in need of repair then do them up while you live in them.

We are still doing up our third - the present - one!

Negative

Blocked sinuses snd eustacian tubes (between ear and throat) so can't hear much.

Positive

I am on the Norwich express which has a buffet bar and is only 25 mins to Chelmsford.

Will soon pass Queen Elizabeth olympic park which I love.

Am in touch with all you wonderful people via my dinky little smartphone.

Picked loads of blackberries in our gsrden last night and apples nearly ready to pick

Roy

Guest Shannon

Negative: Feeling frustrated as OCD is out to get me this morning BUT I am enjoying a cup of tea and I'm going to the picnic, with my little one. Hopefully will be able to get my head in gear.

Guest jayjay89

Negative, I'm sick which sets off my ocd like mad.. I'm resisting my compulsions but the sneaker ones keep sliding back in to my brain :(

Positive, got free tickets to Auckland for next weekend... Hello shopping! In an actual city. With actual shops. And a mall!

Guest paramoregirl

jayjay - enjoy your shopping. Are you planning on getting anything nice?

NEGATIVE - Well I have had a major OCD spike because of something that happened at work but I knew it would set me off. It did however still cause me a great deal of anxiety.

POSITIVE - I am now at home cooling down from this heat with the rest of the day off to do with what I please. I feel a nap coming on.

Negative

Feeling sad at saying goodbye to so many friends and contacts, as I approach my retirement.

I have been truly overwhelmed by the nice things people have said, truly I feel humbled. One client who watched me hamming up as I delivered my last opening speech as chairman at a seminar said to me that I can't retire when I've got such a stage presence, effectively.

It was a good performance, and I was resoundingly applauded. The guest speaker said he'd never been applauded before he'd even opened his mouth to speak, which was also met with laughter.

Well I'm not like actors who never want to stop, I want and need to stop - the long days and the travelling are too much for me to do, and my wife to support me in doing and look after her 93 year old Mum.

But I feel like a football star who has elected to retire while he is at the top of his game - that is a good feeling.

Positive

I don't have to make a major excursion like Jayjay to get to a shopping mall.

No only joking jayjay, you live in a wonderful country with spectacular scenery and a great way of life. And it must be euphoric when you do make that trip to the city and the mall, great stuff.

I had a lovely meal at lunchtime with two colleagues who can't make my retirement lunch because they will be on annual leave. We had a wonderful pub lunch and a couple of beers, and agreed we would keep in touch in the future.

Guest jayjay89

Paramoregirlm- everything lol :)

Roy sounds like you had a great career! People even came and saw you while they were on leave, that's pretty awesome.. . Where I live is pretty but it could do with a mall lol.

Positive, it's Friday and I've almost finished my first week without anything going wrong

Super positive, it's friday!

Guest paramoregirl

Well it's been a rough couple of says but today...

NEGATIVE - Checking too much at work as usual

POSITIVE - Did yoga and my back and shoulder feel better. Felt nice and relaxing. Treated myself to a new yoga dvd and mindfulness book. I have a yummy dinner to look forward to and we are going to watch a film. Plus tomorrow I am off to chessington world of adventures, yay :)

Well done you that's a much better report.

We lived for 12 years at Kingston, by Richmond Park - lovely area and The World Of Adventures is pretty good I believe.

Negative for me today- ears still blocked but taking tablets my wife has "prescribed" so hope they work.

Positive

Carried out my exposure therapy by reading The Times. Successfully avoided any interrsction with the headlines.

Caught up a bit on pile of outstanding paperwork nd I've been picking more of our very own blackberries.