Let's Try To Look For The Positives Today!

Guest Heryn.

Have a good day, aleuk.

Negative: Too hot. House is a mess.

Positive: Managed to do about an hour or so's worth of study.

Edited by Heryn.
Guest Sisyphus
aleuk, on 22 Jul 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Negative: Need to do my main OCD compulsions so badly.

Positive: My Birthday today!! :)

Happy Birthday :holiday: :happybirth:

Guest jayjay89

Happy birthday Aleuk!

Negative, ******** phone day at work today, happens once a month and it's an entire day of cold calling

Positive, my cousin woke up, he isn't stable yet but he is doing better

Positive, yesterday I realised that I have successfully overcome some of my ocd, like my HOCD and POCD on my own, so now it's time to knuckle down and sort out this contamination issue

Guest Heryn.

Negative: Exam coming up. It's not so much the remembering but the ability to implement what you know - and that requires a solid understanding.

Positive: it's not so warm. Not much of a positive but there it is. :/

Negative: Exam coming up. It's not so much the remembering but the ability to implement what you know - and that requires a solid understanding.

Positive: it's not so warm. Not much of a positive but there it is. :/

Ok I'm with you on the exams Heryn.

Let me know if I can help - I took O-levels, A-levels, have an HND in Business Studies plus a professional qualifiaction, so have all the T-shirts on taking exams and studying.

Negative

Planned a day in the air-conditioning in our London office. But a train has broken down blocking the line, and my wife (who is deaf) is out shopping and thinks I'm out all day, so I'm staying out working remotely using my dongle that let's me connect to the firm's systems systems via the mobile phone network.

Positive

I had lunch in our local pub and have made it my office for a short while!

Negative

Temperatures are set to remain hot

Guest aleuk

Negative: Did my main OCD compulsion and I am so bored, I don't know what do these summer holidays!

Positive: I saw my gran today and I'm not back at work until Friday.

Guest Sisyphus

Negative: It's too hot for me. All the women are walking around outside with next to nothing on. Managed to give myself mild food poisoning.My neighbours are still #########.

Positive: I forced myself to go to therapy despite food poisoning and it went OK. Managed to "fix" my leaky tyre valve thus saving me a royal fleecing at Kwikfit. According to Buddha we've been reincanating as long as it would take a dove a day dropping a silk scarf onto the himalayas to wear down the himalayas flat, so it really doesn't matter if we make a total balls up of this life. Phew. My new therapist is a good un.

Positive positive, my cousin is stable which means I can go to Auckland tomorrow :)

That's the very best of positive news. And Auckland here you come!

Negative

I've been addressing "I'm retiring on 31st July" letters to all my clients - it's sad, many have become good friends as well as clients, so there is some sadness, no doubt there will be both sides when they get the letters.

:weep:

Positive

My very good team-mates are taking over my clients, and they should do well with them

:yes: :original:

And I am in my beautiful garden listening to relaxing classical music on the internet radio in my laptop, looking to pass on some positivity to everyone. Temperature here in London has been sweltering and is expected to be for a few days yet. We have a summer this year!!!

Thanks Roy! I am super happy he is goin to be ok and very happy about shopping. Lol

Most people love going to the shops, it takes us out of ourselves, and we will be tempted to treat ourselves, maybe perhaps as a reward for good OCD behaviour and doing our ERP or challenging our compulsions! Or just to cheer ourselves up after a tough time.

Or maybea reward for practising reframing positives into negatives, or working on focusing on the positive.

I was foiled today - I'd failed my dear departed father-in-law's golden rule when shopping - always buy something when you see it - you'll regret it later if you don't.

I saw something in a shop in Spitalfields market in London on Friday, failed to buy it and was going back to do so today (in my lunch hour - I could hot-desk in London office) when the train system broke down and there were no trains into London.

I'll try again this Friday!

Guest jayjay89

There is definitely some erp in shopping for me, shops are small spaces and people bump into me all the time :/

My dad had the opposite rule, think about everything for 2 days before you buy! This weekend though it will just be buy buy buy :) I haven't been shopping since January lol.

Good luck getting back to the shop!

Negative

Only a little sad for those struggling at the moment; but this is a great place to come to seek help.

Positive

I am in Central Park!

No not that one, but the beautiful one by the river Chelmer in Chelmsford!

Newly-mown grass, shaded seating under the trees - kids playing quietly.

Bliss

Negative

Only a little sad for those struggling at the moment; but this is a great place to come to seek help.

Positive

I am in Central Park!

No not that one, but the beautiful one by the river Chelmer in Chelmsford!

Newly-mown grass, shaded seating under the trees - kids playing quietly.

Bliss

Been back home all evening and I took that feeling from Central park, and carried it on into my own garden. Instead of children read neighbours' cats on their rounds and enjoying life.

I was in the shade cast by my fruit trees.

And after a lovely meal served in the garden by my wife, I dozed whilst reading the Evening Standard and listening to Classic FM.

Then I picked this wonderful bowl of blackberries from our own brambles - they are going mad this year.

Guest PolytheneBoy

Negative: OCD tried to tempt me over to it's side. I sought reassurance.

Positive: I'm going to have a lie in tomorrow! Free day ahead, with countless possibilities! I could be drawing, writing, or even chilling out in the garden. Or I may do something completely different. Any suggestions? :Lighten:

Guest aleuk

Hey,

Hope you have a nice day today- my suggestion is do whatever you want! Chill out in the garden and do some drawing with a nice cold drink maybe?

Alex

Negative: OCD tried to tempt me over to it's side. I sought reassurance.

Positive: I'm going to have a lie in tomorrow! Free day ahead, with countless possibilities! I could be drawing, writing, or even chilling out in the garden. Or I may do something completely different. Any suggestions? :Lighten:

Guest PolytheneBoy

Hey,

Hope you have a nice day today- my suggestion is do whatever you want! Chill out in the garden and do some drawing with a nice cold drink maybe?

Alex

That is a very good idea, Alex, thank you for the suggestion. I had my lie in, and I will make time to sit out with my pad and pen for a short while. :)

Hope you have a nice day too!

Negative

Saying goodbye is awful.I am at London office tidying up loose ends and saying goodbye to lots of good friends.

Positive

Escaped to buy something I neeed rom a shop in Old Spitalfields Market ( note for Jayjay I got it!) I am now having a glass of wine snd panini in my favourite cafe there.

The msrket dates bsck to Charles 2nd 1682 when he grsnted the licence for a market on Spital Field ( I love history).

Edited by taurean
Guest jayjay89

Good job Roy!

Positive, shopping, overcame heaps of OCD triggers yesterday without starting an avalanche of sh!t... We are room sharing in the hotel, there was only one bed in the room, front desk assumed I was gay... Hello hocd! However I didn't dwell on it and it's gone again today. Had to eat lots of contaminated food yesterday and I just did it.

No negative today!

Negatives

None really to report on today

Positives

My ERP - I took on working through The Times this morning and not locking onto any triggers - just acknowledging any distressing headlines but not obsessing over them and turned the page as per my defusion strategy.

I visited the chiropodist who sorted out a problematic corn - they are brilliant people.

I've done an hour's pruning in the garden - and took the cuttings down to the recycling centre

.My wife is preparing low-fat desserts in the kitchen, the cats are prowling and snoozing in the garden around me, and I am keepong in touch with The Commonwealth Games and Tour De France on DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) radio while viewing this forum.