really trying to resist

Guest crazyymindddd

Guest crazyymindddd

hi guys.. the last 3 days iv tried my best to resist the compulsions..... i used to do a really long one in the shower for about 40 minutes were i go through all the other ocd obsessions iv had in the past explain to myself how i convinced myself this and that etc etc to try to reassure myself its ocd... but iv resisted the last 3 days... but this morning im feeling like i know im in denial and that this thing couldnt be here for this long if it wasnt true etc etc... nd im feelin like im gonna have to go over that ting in the shower in a minute so i can reassure myself its all ocd as it does make me feel better for minutess.... should i resisttt.. as i feel worse and even more in denial since resisting the compulsionsss grrr

Always resist compulsions as much as you possibly can. Always! The length of time you have had these obsessions does not indicate their validity.

Where are you with your meds these days? Have you done any CBT yet?

Guest crazyymindddd

i caved this morning. didnt do it for aslong as usuall.. and i have an assesment tomorrow.. bit nervous as not sure were to start etc etc or worried il miss stuff out and they wont think i have ocd etc etc..... but im on 30mg citalopram at the moment... it has haleped alot tbhhh with lowering the anxiety and helping me carry out day to day tasks etc..... but its still affecting me a huge deal.. what about you

I'm doing well. I'm still on 40mg of citalopram. Anxiety is pretty much all gone. Thoughts were extremely minor for quite a while. They have increased a little but the past couple weeks but that is not unexpected since I am off for the summer and have more free, idle time. But overall, doing well.

Guest crazyymindddd

im glad to hear that... im currently reading brainlock too.. but i have my masters project in in 2 weeks so not had much time...... but i think the main obstacle for me or one of them is.... im calm right now but i just cant grasp howfor 15 odd weeks i can doubt something which is so serious and precious to me and after 2 and a half years how 1 moment when i remember the thought entering that night can literally cause this... i know it can as its happened when i was younger over my sexuallity which was th main 'flavour' which has literally btoherd me for only a few hours during this ocd spell..... but stil ym ocd tells me it cant be fake and that it didnt feel as real back then kinbda thing.... i am starting to learnt hat questioning gets you nowhere... but yet sometiems you still do it... its so paradoxical lol

Guest MFortunato

Always resist compulsions as much as you possibly can. Always! The length of time you have had these obsessions does not indicate their validity.

Where are you with your meds these days? Have you done any CBT yet?

I love this advice