Sign in to follow this  
fand4eva

It's starting again

So...started my cbt mid July, but we haven't got anywhere yet,still in assesment stage, i have been told if i mention the names of the my step brothers ( who abused me when i was 14-16)she's going to have to inform someone, this has made me reluctant to be open with her,we've only done 2 sessions so far and the 2nd had to be rearranged cos she had a meeting, she's now on holiday till 13th August (day before my birthday)getting thoughts again even though they had eased,I just have a bad feeling about this.:(

Guest Sisyphus
fand4eva, on 02 Aug 2014 - 1:52 PM, said:

So...started my cbt mid July, but we haven't got anywhere yet,still in assesment stage, i have been told if i mention the names of the my step brothers ( who abused me when i was 14-16)she's going to have to inform someone, this has made me reluctant to be open with her,we've only done 2 sessions so far and the 2nd had to be rearranged cos she had a meeting, she's now on holiday till 13th August (day before my birthday)getting thoughts again even though they had eased,I just have a bad feeling about this. :(

Did she give you an alternative possibility - like using proxy names? So picking 2 different names and swapping them for their real names. Just so you could still talk about the events if they're relevant to the OCD?

Edited by Sisyphus

Hi Fand4eva,

Finding a therapist/phsycologist/phiciatrisct you trust is so important. I'm no professional but that is a hard issue for her raise with you.

I'm guessing whoever is treating you is NHS. Don't know if it's a viable option for you but I had to go private. I can say anything to my physchologist, he made it clear from day one he would only have to take action unless he thinks I am an immediate threat to myself or others........which would never happen. I can phone him anytime if it's vital.

I hope you are coping as best you can.

Yep it's what she said if I name them,I am coping just but it does seem like I'm doing it on my own xx

Freya, my youngest daughter,Amanda my eldest my name and my husbands name Dean, and 4 Eva as in we're forever xx