Oh guys....................deep breaths!

Like I just said, i'm not judging the OP at all, I'm judging the fact that they have been told these thing and it agitated me that this stereotype exists. Nobody is helping by carrying this discussion on so it's probably better just to end it?

I'm referring to poster, who hasn't offended me at all, the post however did, but I understand that it's not the poster's fault as it's a general societal perspective on a group of people thrown in with the horror of OCD. I was just annoyed okay, would you prefer to carry this on or drop it?

Edited by Saad

To be honest, your original post on this thread went after the poster himself, not society's perspective. You have corrected your original assertions. Fine.

I was just putting in my two cents. It seemed to me a poster was being harassed for explaining an obsession.

Edited by PolarBear

Apologies if I've upset anybody. To be honest if old grannys were high risk I'd be exactly the same. No disrespect to anybody, In fact my therapist said that this particular fear of OCD could cause me problems with people feeling I was anti gay - when I told her how I'd driven through McDonalds drive through after thinking the guy handing me my burger was gay. It really has got that bad. That is why when two of my worst fears raised yesterday I was in such a mess.

Today I mastered the old building. I also went and sat with a gay person and others for my break. It was hard but I will overcome this if I can. Still had a bath and washed clothes when I got back but that was more to do with the old building than anything else.

It's okay Ineedofhelp, please don't be afraid to post again and seek more help, we're here for that! You did some great exposure sitting next to the guy who triggered you yesturday :) Good job! It's all baby steps so just keep going

Apologies if I've upset anybody. To be honest if old grannys were high risk I'd be exactly the same. No disrespect to anybody, In fact my therapist said that this particular fear of OCD could cause me problems with people feeling I was anti gay - when I told her how I'd driven through McDonalds drive through after thinking the guy handing me my burger was gay. It really has got that bad. That is why when two of my worst fears raised yesterday I was in such a mess.

Today I mastered the old building. I also went and sat with a gay person and others for my break. It was hard but I will overcome this if I can. Still had a bath and washed clothes when I got back but that was more to do with the old building than anything else.

I do not blame you in the slightest my friend, your fear is a result of a stereotype and that is in no way your fault. I was angry, if anything I should be the person apologising. You seem like a really nice guy, I wish you the best of luck in this and all the advice people have given so far I have no doubt helps out. We're all in the same boat here.

Ocd makes all kindsof crazy assumptions.thats the problem.rationally they wouldnt assume things like that.its ocd thats offensive not the person.personally my ocd has offenxed many people who think i am accusing them of being unclean etc etc many many times.and my mum has ocd and is always offending people.its the ocd!

Apologies to the forum for the moronic pathetic idiot posting on this thread whose posts I have now removed. The aforementioned coward from the Montreal area of Canada will be reported to their ISP and removed from our forums.

gayy

How pleasant, after the issues discussed in this topic and the issues resolved, people are still pathetic enough to say things like this. Thank you everyone else for realizing that my plight against what I read in the first post was merely a misunderstanding, people like this guy are the real people who tick me off to the maximum! And thank you to the administrator who sorted him out.

- Saad

Edited by Saad
Guest lucylia

I missed these posts but I can gather what it was about. I'm sorry if the poster caused you distress Saad. It's ***** like that who give normal people who are not homophobic a bad name and sometimes I can understand why you would feel sensitive to certain posts. Luckily he is the minority Saad. Hope you have had a nice day xx

Lucy xxx

Thanks for the support guys but I feel now this threads going a bit off topic, let's just forget about all that and if InNeedOfHelp wants advice we can be here, this is his thread not mine :)