OCD Conference - London

We are delighted to announce the date and venue for our 3rd OCD Conference of 2005.

Our next event will take place in Greenwich, London on Saturday 3rd September and will feature lectures from Professor Paul Salkovskis and Blake Stobie (Clinical Psychologist) who will also be joined by Dr Victoria Bream, all of whom can currently be seen in the channel 4 documentary 'The House of Obsessive Compulsives'. We also have a lecture from Dr Roz Shafron (Clinical Psychologist).

Greenwich is a lovely scenic part of London which is just 10 minutes from London Bridge station, 20 minutes on the Docklands Light Railway from Tower Hill.

Once again tickets will be free of charge to OCD-UK members, however OCD-UK members must reserve your tickets to attend. We are limited to a capacity of 200, so tickets will be reserved on a strictly first come, first served basis.

Members must confirm attendance by emailing or calling us before Monday 8th August, any remaining tickets will then be made available to non members priced at £12 each.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

For those who are unable to attend and would like to submit questions for any of the keynote speakers then please email us with your question and we will do our best to get it answered on the day, responses will be included in our next newsletter.

The full agenda for the day will be available next week.

Ashley Fulwood,

On behalf of OCD-UK

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who intend to drive to the conference, there will be car parking space available, for security reasons you will need to notify us in advance of your car registration number in order for you to gain access to the car park.

Guest Shrimper

Ashley

I would very much like to attend this. Not a member but I give a monthly donation through my pay- could you reserve me a ticket if any are left ?

Cheers

Ashley

I would very much like to attend this. Not a member but I give a monthly donation through my pay- could you reserve me a ticket if any are left ?

Cheers

57553[/snapback]

Hi Shrimper,

Should be still be tickets available to non members, I will reserve one for you because I suspect we will have reached our capacity by this time next week.

Is it OCD-UK that you give a donation to?

Thanks, I would actually like 2 if possible. Yes I donate to OCD-UK.

57821[/snapback]

Hi Shrimper,

If you can email me with your details (name and address) etc for the reservation. You can email us direct from the website or from my profile.

Guest Lizbeth

Hey Ashley,

Heya...just wondering if I need to book non member tickets yet? I was thinking of bringing a couple of my closest friends and possibly my mum.

Hey Ashley,

Heya...just wondering if I need to book non member tickets yet? I was thinking of bringing a couple of my closest friends and possibly my mum.

58124[/snapback]

yep, you can pay for them from the website or email me direct with number of tickets and names and they can pay on the day.

I can now announce the first draft for the conference agenda, please note the times and talks are subject to change:

10:30 Open by Edward Chapman (chair) or Ashley Fulwood (CEO)

10:35 Prof Salkovskis - Fact and Fiction in OCD

11.35 Dr Victoria Bream - What is CBT, a beginners guide.

11:55 Penny Burrows - OCD in the Media

12:00 Lunch

1:30 Dr Roz Shafran - OCD in Adolescents with Jo (18) OCD sufferer

2:30 Workshops (see below)

4:20 Break

4:30 Blake Stobie - How to get the most of your therapy

5:30 Close by Edward Chapman (chair) or Ashley Fulwood (CEO)

Workshop choice:

- How to get help for OCD, then how to make the most of it - Prof Salkovskis

- How to combat OCD for family and friends - Blake Stobie

- Plus one other to be confirmed.

Guest Chrystal

SO Ashley, this isn't like the conference in London a fw years ago then when it was held within a college I think. Is this conference run by OCD-UK and/or Action? I really wanna come but worried bout travelling on the tube although I know I shouldn't let those censored.gif terrorists scare me. original.gif Members are the people with stars or who contribute arn't they?

SO Ashley, this isn't like the conference in London a fw years ago then when it was held within a college I think.  Is this conference run by OCD-UK and/or Action?  I really wanna come but worried bout travelling on the tube although I know I shouldn't let those  censored.gif  terrorists scare me.  original.gif  Members are the people with stars or who contribute arn't they?

58737[/snapback]

The one you are thinking of was at Imperial College by OCD Action, 800 people, was there myself.

This one is run by OCD-UK and we limit our events to about 200 people which allows for a lot more relaxed atmosphere and more questions to be asked of the experts there.

Tube wise, where will you be coming from?

no it doesn't. goes to Waterloo hence the worry for the tube.  Will have to consult my trust train timetable!

58765[/snapback]

Simple, train Waterloo to London Bridge (takes 1 min) then London Bridge to Greenwich original.gif

Guest Chrystal
Simple, train Waterloo to London Bridge (takes 1 min) then London Bridge to Greenwich original.gif

58772[/snapback]

3 train changes... eeek. thanks for looking that up Ashley

3 train changes... eeek.  thanks for looking that up Ashley

58790[/snapback]

I never looked it up, just know there is a Waterloo to London Bridge train, I suspect that the train from Waterloo may actually go to Greenwich so you might not need to change at LB.

Just a reminder to OCD-UK members that you must confirm to me that you will be attending, otherwise you may not be reserved a seat. So far we have over 100 people confirmed so less than half the tickets now remain.

Hi Chrystal

It's actually easier than that!

All you need to do is get the train from Guildford to Waterloo, up the escalator and down the ramp to Waterloo EAST Station, then a train every half hour direct to Greenwich in around 10 mins. The venue is then 10 mins. walk from the station.

For the timetable click here Waterloo East to Greenwich Train Timetable (warning - LARGE file!), go to page 36 onwards, and look for trains numbered 82 (to Gillingham).

Hope this helps.

Full 'How to Get There' details to be posted on website with agenda within a few days.

Stephen

Looking forward to this original.gif. It'll be the first OCD conference I've been to. Some friends and I have been planning a trip to London for ages so hopefully we'll be coinciding with the conference ie going down Fri morning, doing touristy stuff, then Sat I'll go to the conf whilst they have other stuff they want to see, then Sun do some more touristy stuff before coming home.

Quick question - better to drive or get the train? I assume train but you guys probably know best.

Fairly cheap would be Youth Hostel. There's a nice one near me at Rotherhithe, pretty close to Greenwich too.

Normally dorm or 4 or so bed rooms so you might be able to get a room to the 4 of you.

Prices from £17.20 per person including breakfast.

Great location just by the River.

You need to be a YHA member, but that's reasonable cost.

Rotherhithe YHA

Travel Inn nicer accommodation and might be good value if you share rooms.

Train definitely best. London difficult to navigate, £8 congestion charge Central area on Mon-Fri, difficult and expensive to park etc. etc.

Bargain travel by coach (from £1 Single!) on Megabus or National Express book online a.s.a.p.

Hope this helps

HI am interested in coming but am not a member.  Are there is any tickets available?

59145[/snapback]

We have about 75 tickets left. You can either join as a member now and get your ticket free, this will also give you lots of other benefits over the next 12 months including access to other conferences we run.

Or if you just want to come along to this conference it costs £12 per ticket.

http://www.ocduk.org/shop/index.html