OCD Conference - London

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still get a wee bit over-excited when I meet people it's just so brilliant to be able too!!!!!  I WILL calm down..promise!

I can certainly say Wendy gets a tad excited when meeting new people...

... cast your mind back to the workshop Wendy lol.gif

Love Anna x.

I can certainly say Wendy gets a tad excited when meeting new people...

... cast your mind back to the workshop Wendy  lol.gif

Love Anna x.

63960[/snapback]

Hehe!!!!

Paul 'grabbed me' (metaphorically!) when I arrived and asked if I could kinda 'be available' during is workshop!!

I DO go on abit.........sorry guys blushing.gif !!!!!

Anna it was brill. to meet you.......you looked fantastic! and I just knew ('cos of our prev. 'chats' that you would be a truly lovely person.....keep up all the excellent work O K!!!!!!! thumb up.gif

Love as always Wendy x x x x x x x !!

You do, indeed!  laugh.gif (sorry, I mean that in a nice way!). It was great to finally meet you, you're such a lovely person original.gifhug.gif

63959[/snapback]

Hi Northern Star!!

Ditto!!! ( the 'lovely person' bit) cheers.gif

Love Wendy x x x

Hi Andrea original.gif

beliefs I'm really not that scary  eek.gif !!!!!!

I would have loved to say hi! (against everyone's beliefs I love to chat laugh.gif ).

I still get a wee bit over-excited when I meet people it's just so brilliant to be able too!!!!!  I WILL calm down..promise!

Love Wendy x

63957[/snapback]

Hee hee ooops!! Wish I'd said hello now!! I did manage a coy smile... I was the one milling around in the green top if you remember me?? original.gif

Love Andrea

Guest Lizbeth

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I THOUGHT that was Andrea but I wasn't sure and didn't want to march over and say 'hello I'm Jade' in case I was wrong and you thought I was a loon. Also wished I said hello to wendy but got all embarassed near a clebrity. unsure.gif

For those that were nervous about speaking to Wendy, I can confirm 2 things.

1. She is very down to earth &

2. She likes a lager or two ! whistling.gif

It was great to spend some time with you and hubby BTW Wendy !

JD

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I THOUGHT that was Andrea but I wasn't sure and didn't want to march over and say 'hello I'm Jade' in case I was wrong and you thought I was a loon. Also wished I said hello to wendy but got all embarassed near a clebrity. unsure.gif

64031[/snapback]

Hee hee lol!! lol.gif It's a shame you didn't come and say hi as I would love to have some more faces to put to names on here! I understand though - it's like I knew it was Jo in the toilets but as I went up to say hi, a quick thought said 'yeah but what if it's not and you make a fool of yourself', but luckily I managed to ignore it (but hence my over excitedness and rambling) laugh.gif

Guest ScottOCDid
Hi Scott!

Was great to meet you a1_cheesygrin.gif !

You do a fabulous job on the forum I have the greatest respect for you,(as I do all the moderators of course!)

Love Wendy x

63961[/snapback]

Hi Wendy,

That was very kind of you original.gif .

I was really pleased finally to meet you, having followed your positive messages on the boards from earlier on in the year, before the programmes were screened, and then the programmes themselves. You did a great job and thoroughly deserve all the messages of support! thumb up.gif

Take care,

Scott

Hi Wendy,

That was very kind of you original.gif .

I was really pleased finally to meet you, having followed your positive messages on the boards from earlier on in the year, before the programmes were screened, and then the programmes themselves.  You did a great job and thoroughly deserve all the messages of support! thumb up.gif

Take care,

Scott

64201[/snapback]

Hi Scott original.gif

Gee thanks blushing.gif

Love Wendy x

Hi,

i'm new here, but i just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the conference; those who organised it (esp ashley), those who talked (northan star you were great!), and everyone else who was there helping to make a nice atmosphere and being generally friendly.

thank you especially to wendy for talking to me (look, i'm not avoiding the forum... i'm just doing one post then running away back to ebay).

~yanna~

i'm new here, but i just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the conference; those who organised it (esp ashley), those who talked (northan star you were great!), and everyone else who was there helping to make a nice atmosphere and being generally friendly.

64222[/snapback]

Hi Yanna,

Welcome to the forums and glad you logged on original.gif I am really pleased you enjoyed the day, I am already looking at locations and dates for 2006.

Hi,

thank you especially to wendy for talking to me (look, i'm not avoiding the forum... i'm just doing one post then running away back to ebay).

~yanna~

64222[/snapback]

Hi Yanna a1_cheesygrin.gif

It was great to talk to you!

Come and chat here whenever!!!!

I can never figure out ebay! lol.gif

Love Wendy xx

For those that were nervous about speaking to Wendy,  I can confirm 2 things.

1. She is very down to earth &

2. She likes a lager or two !      whistling.gif

It was great to spend some time with you and hubby BTW Wendy !

JD

64045[/snapback]

Hello JD!!

Don't forget that game of pool!! thumb up.gif

Speak soon....

love Wendy x

Guest InsaneIain

Once again, another superb conference as were the ones at Stirling and Bristol earlier in the year. This one was different in as much as Paul Salkovskis was the main speaker as opposed to Jeff Schwartz and I must admit I find his reasoning more appropriate as I have struggled to get to grips with the four step theory, although it must be said that Brainlock is still the foremost book on the subject.

Hats off to Ash and the team for getting the experts to give up their time, Jo for the excellent presentation and to Wendy, who I would say is the most inspirational former sufferer I have had the pleasure to meet. One day I would like to get to where you are.

For those people that attended the event, we have been given kind permission by the speakers to allow their powerpoint presentations to be displayed on our website. The slides are intended for Greenwich conference attendees's only, non attendees may also view the slides but we should point out that some only make sense when accompanied with the verbal content of the lectures.

http://www.ocduk.org/10/conference.htm

Conference notes will be available shortly.

Once again, another superb conference as were the ones at Stirling and Bristol earlier in the year. This one was different in as much as Paul Salkovskis was the main speaker as opposed to Jeff Schwartz and I must admit I find his reasoning more appropriate as I have struggled to get to grips with the four step theory, although it must be said that Brainlock is still the foremost book on the subject.

Hats off to Ash and the team for getting the experts to give up their time, Jo for the excellent presentation and to Wendy, who I would say is the most inspirational former sufferer I have had the pleasure to meet. One day I would like to get to where you are.

64287[/snapback]

Hey InsaneIain!

Tell you what - WHEN you are 'where I am' you're just going to have to change that name!!!! lol.gif

Seriously though, I wish you all the very best of luck and good wishes!

Love Wendy x

For those people that attended the event, we have been given kind permission by the speakers to allow their powerpoint presentations to be displayed on our website. The slides are intended for Greenwich conference attendees's only, non attendees may also view the slides but we should point out that some only make sense when accompanied with the verbal content of the lectures.

http://www.ocduk.org/10/conference.htm

Conference notes will be available shortly.

64288[/snapback]

Oh goody, I was about to ask you if we could have copy of the slides. Cheers Ash!

Hi All,

Whilst the conference is fresh in your minds, I would quite like a review or two for the website/newsletter.

64534[/snapback]

Where do you want the reviews? On this thread or pm'd directly to you?

Guest Shrimper

Ashley et al

Brilliant conference- thanks for the stirling efforts of you and the team, volunteers, experts and everybody involved. It must have been an mammoth task and it all went so smoothly, which is a testament to you all. Both me and my wife got a lot out of it and I hope to attend more in the future.

The only gripe I would have which is aimed at myself ! is that I didn't 'mingle' and get to know people, which would have been nice. Still I 'll have to make an effort next time !!

a1_cheesygrin.gif

Ash, is there a way to save the presentations so that we don't have to go to the website and follow the links each time we want to look at them??

I don't know what Ashley's answer will be to this question, but just wanted to say that if it's not possible and anyone wants a copy of mine and Roz's then just drop me a PM and I'll email it you original.gif.

Just a thought

I know it's too late this time but at future conferences would it be possible to video the main event and sell the DVD's to raise funds for the Charity? It would have the dual effect of making money and enabling those who couldn't attend to benefit.

Caramoole original.gif