OCD Conference - London

Guest Pootle

hiya- for info- I have just managed to get a room for £49 at the holiday inn express in Greenwich which seems to be walking distance to the venue....

May be worth a look...

www.hiexpress.co.uk

*******STOP PRESS**** SCRATCH THAT- I HAVE JUST FALLEN OUT WITH THEM. I ADVISE AGAINST THIS (but unfortunately i can't cancel my booking mad.gif )

Edited by Pootle
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pootle

That Hotel is sort of in walking distance but it's quite a long way and not that straightforward on foot (slightly dodgy area to get through too). Easiest would be on Bus - no. 188.

Map here: Holiday Inn Express Location, North Greenwich Greenwich (conference venue) is to the South West (bottom left) of the map.

The easiest no. 188 bus stop to get to is on Millennium Way opposite Boord Street - a couple of hundred yards North of the hotel along Millennium Way. The next bus stop towards Greenwich is by Tunnel Avenue and involves crossing from the rear of the hotel over a fast slip road and under a flyover!

Bus 188 is frequent, takes a few mins and stops on the main road passing the venue. Cost £1.20 each way.

Hope that helps.

HI

Is anyone near Basildon Essex, going to the conference in London on the 3rd?

I really want to go, but dont want to sound childish...I am absolutely terrible about travelling to & in London

If there is can someone reply......

Lee original.gif

I really want to go, but dont want to sound childish...I am absolutely terrible about travelling to & in London

60581[/snapback]

Hi Lee, I dont know of anyone else coming in from Essex, you would come into Liverpool Street is that right?

Can you tell me if there are any tickets left and also how many people are expected to be there (not very good with lots of people)

Thanks

60783[/snapback]

Hiya,

Maximum will be 210 people, at the moment we have about 170 reservations.

Thanks for the quick reply, sorry to be a pain but can you tell me a bit about the workshops - how interactive are they etc?

Thanks

60799[/snapback]

Well please don't worry, nobody is expected to do anything they do not want to. I think Paul will encourage people to do small exposure tasks, but he will not force anyone and most people will simply watch and listen without being interactive.

Well please don't worry, nobody is expected to do anything they do not want to.  I think Paul will encourage people to do small exposure tasks, but he will not force anyone and most people will simply watch and listen without being interactive.

60800[/snapback]

Thanks for that. I have just paid for membership to OCD UK (tonight) and would like to reserve a ticket for myself I have also just puchased a guest ticket for my husband as I think he would enjoy it too.

Cool, I will Gold Star you thumb up.gif I think I will be overseeing that workshop so I won't let anyone be forced into doing something they don't want to and from what I know of Paul he does not work that way anyway original.gif

Hi Lee, I dont know of anyone else coming in from Essex, you would come into Liverpool Street is that right?

60675[/snapback]

Basildon trains go into London Fenchurch Street, but in fact there's no need to go into Central London at all. Simply get one of the two trains per hour from Basildon that stop at Limehouse (the stop before London Fenchurch Street), and change at Limehouse onto Docklands Light Rail (DLR) direct to Cutty Sark station, very close to the venue.

Hope that helps

Stephen

Basildon trains go into London Fenchurch Street, but in fact there's no need to go into Central London at all. Simply get one of the two trains per hour from Basildon that stop at Limehouse (the stop before London Fenchurch Street), and change at Limehouse onto Docklands Light Rail (DLR) direct to Cutty Sark station, very close to the venue.

61191[/snapback]

Nice One thumb up.gif

Guest josefina

Hey!

I am coming to the conference but can only stay until lunchtime as I have to be at another conference for work in the afternoon sad.gif Hope this is ok?!

Jo

Hi Jo

Glad you're coming. That's fine. I had to leave at lunchtime last time at Bristol as I had a choir performance in the evening.

You'll get two good speakers in the morning, but will miss the workshops.

I know you'll enjoy it though!

Stephen

In case anyone is looking for nearby accommodation in Greenwich, I noticed three places when I was looking round down there. They are all very close to the venue (within 10-15 mins. walk):

Novotel, Greenwich High Road (next to Greenwich National Rail Station, 020 8312 6800

IBIS Hotel, Stockwell Street

The Mitre (Pub with accommodation), 291 Greenwich High Road SE10 8NA, 020 8355 6760

Guest Dimphy

I wish everybody the very best time at the conference, wished I could be there but my child is starting school that previous thursday! balloon.gif

Have a good one lads!

Guest Chrystal
Paul will encourage people to do small exposure tasks, but he will not force anyone and most people will simply watch and listen without being interactive.

60800[/snapback]

Will he want to do this with everyone???

I dont have the common traits of OCD. Will it be pointless for me? I must admit half of me wants to come but the other half is holding off . (im probably too late anyway)

Will he want to do this with everyone???

I dont have the common traits of OCD.  Will it be pointless for me?  I must admit half of me wants to come but the other half is holding off .  (im probably too late anyway)

61964[/snapback]

I don't know exactly what is workshop will involve, but if anyone is invited to try an exposure it will only be one or two people and then not directed at anyone.

Details of Blake Stobies lecture and workshop is now available.

How to combat OCD for families and friends- WORKSHOP OPTION

OCD has a nasty habit of involving drawing family members and friends into the problem, to the extent that family members sometimes spend more time doing rituals etc. than the diagnosed sufferer. The aim of this workshop is to provide an overview of how OCD works with individual sufferers, and then to examine the similarities with which it attacks other family members. The implications for dealing with the problem will be discussed. After this participants will be able to discuss ways in which obsessional problems have affected them. This discussion will hopefully lead to some brainstorming of possible alternative approaches to apply and test.

How to get the most of your therapy- Lecture

The aim of this workshop is to outline the stages involved in the treatment of OCD, and the difficulties which people often have at these points in therapy. Suggested solutions and tips for dealing with these difficulties will be discussed, to help participants to maximise the benefits of therapy.

Guest Chrystal
Details of Blake Stobies lecture and workshop is now available.

How to combat OCD for families and friends- WORKSHOP OPTION

OCD has a nasty habit of involving drawing family members and friends into the problem, to the extent that family members sometimes spend more time doing rituals etc. than the diagnosed sufferer. The aim of this workshop is to provide an overview of how OCD works with individual sufferers, and then to examine the similarities with which it attacks other family members. The implications for dealing with the problem will be discussed. After this participants will be able to discuss ways in which obsessional problems have affected them. This discussion will hopefully lead to some brainstorming of possible alternative approaches to apply and test.

How to get the most of your therapy- Lecture

The aim of this workshop is to outline the stages involved in the treatment of OCD, and the difficulties which people often have at these points in therapy. Suggested solutions and tips for dealing with these difficulties will be discussed, to help participants to maximise the benefits of therapy.

62086[/snapback]

Ashley, are these the only two workshops???