Ouija board as therapy.

Guest Tricia

Guest Gale1982

It is not the board, you could keep the board in your house with no ill effect it is the act of summoning, calling and welcoming the spirit.

Are you saying we can summons a demon and evil spirits with any old thing???

Are you saying we can summons a demon and evil spirits with any old thing???

No. And there are no such thing as demons, just malevolent spirits. The Quija is just an object but it acts as a invitation. A medium can channel spirits in a trance or with automatic wring and the such because they have the ability to do so but for some reason the quija acts as an invite with ordinary people. If you stand in the middle of your kitchen with a paper and pen and shout, spirits I summon you, nothing will happen. What I'm saying is that you can keep the board in your house and not use it and it will not attract anything, it can only bring spirits if used.

Guest Gale1982

I must say, that quite a relief! I do hope I didn't offend any malevolent spirits though. They must get that all the time...

Sorry I'm getting silly. Don't think I've eaten all day. Been a little anxious.

I must say, that quite a relief! I do hope I didn't offend any malevolent spirits though. They must get that all the time...

Sorry I'm getting silly. Don't think I've eaten all day. Been a little anxious.

LOL It all depends on what you believe, on quija boards I am of mixed opinion

Guest Soldiering on

It's human subconscious that moves the pointer.
And the answers given are a result of subjection validation and imagination.

That said, if you're prone to magical thinking, paranoia or any kind of good/evil triggers,
probably not a good idea to open that can of worms.

A spirit is not actually usually able to affect the physical world, those touching the glass channel the spirit and in doing so allow it to affect the physical world within the confined space of the board. through them. Only very powerful earth bound spirits such as poltergeists can affect the physical realm on there own. The ouaji does not contact earth bound spirits is contacts spirits in the astral plan, after life, limbo whatever you like to call it and in doing so you cannot control what spirit is contacted and allowing that into your body is very dangerous. That is the spiritual version of how it works.

It is not the board, you could keep the board in your house with no ill effect it is the act of summoning, calling and welcoming the spirit.

Honestly, no matter what you believe it is a bad idea.

You believe what you want to believe, I'll believe what I want to believe. Edited by PolarBear

To be honest, I rather see my OCD as a type of possession, it's very certainly not a welcome guest.

If I could cast it out, I would - which of us wouldn't . But I know that we can't do that, because it doesn't really exist as a "thing", it is created by neurological imbalances and blockages.

To be honest, I rather see my OCD as a type of possession, it's very certainly not a welcome guest.

If I could cast it out, I would - which of us wouldn't . But I know that we can't do that, because it doesn't really exist as a "thing", it is created by neurological imbalances and blockages.

Well, they used to use trepanning on people with mental illness in the middle ages because they thought they were possessed by demons and it let the demon out, so we would all be walking around with holes in our skulls right now. LOL

Edited by Phili
Guest Gale1982

Psssst, Phili, don't call them demons...they don't like it, remember? Its malevolent spirits ;-) :-)

I suppose its a good job we now know a little more about these things. We've come a long way since the the good old days of trepanning. I hope we don't go backwards though.

Interestingly the original "Bedlam" the Bethlehem hospital for the insane - used to stand on the site of The Great Eastern Hotel (next to Liverpool Street Station in the City of London, and close by my former office).

The last site of the Bethlehem hospital is now the Imperial War Museum in London.

Bet a lot of people didn't know that.

In my twenties I used to live in West London, near St Bernard's mental home. I knew then I had some kind of mental illness,I didn't know what it was, but it didn't seem that troublesome - but I did wonder if i would end up in there getting treatment.

A friend of mine did - she had a nervous breakdown over a relationship failure - and they cared for her really well and she recovered fully. The hospital no longer exists, the site now has housing on it.

Edited by taurean
Guest Gale1982

In my twenties I used to live in West London, near St Bernard's mental home. I knew then I had some kind of mental illness,I didn't know what it was, but it didn't seem that troublesome - but I did wonder if i would end up in there getting treatment.

Funny you should say that. I've got a thing for asylums.

Believe it or not but I used to be an amateur ghost hunter. Had all the equipment, residual energy detectors, recording equipment, the whole shebang. Used to break into abandoned asylums at night time and wonder around...never found any ghosts though.

Looking back, I guess I was curious as I knew there was something wrong, just didn't know what.

Believe it or not but I used to be an amateur ghost hunter. Had all the equipment, residual energy detectors, recording equipment, the whole shebang. Used to break into abandoned asylums at night time and wonder around...never found any ghosts though.

Looking back, I guess I was curious as I knew there was something wrong, just didn't know what.

People think ghosts will be in really spooky places but that is just fiction, a graveyard is full of dead people but are rarely haunted. I on the other hand have had ghostly encounters that would curdle the blood LOL

But real supernatural experiences are much rarer than people think. A good portion of it is in the mind, like today I was talking about this thread with my brother and all the electric switched off and then back on again, sent a chill through the air LOl but all we really have is a dead cat wandering around.

Guest Gale1982

Oh don't get me wrong. I saw some ghosts... heard a child crying in the children's ward, got slapped in the face, had a cell door close behind me. I just never managed to recorded anything because there was nothing there to record.

When your adrenaline is pumping and you're in a massive, dark and silent building, you suffer with sensory deprivation, you start to hallucinate. A bird can cast a ghostly shadow, a moth can feel like a hand across you face, not sure about the crying, didn't hang around that night to find out, I was out of there in a trice.....haha.

Are you sure the cat is dead and not just a stray looking for food?

Oh don't get me wrong. I saw some ghosts... heard a child crying in the children's ward, got slapped in the face, had a cell door close behind me. I just never managed to recorded anything because there was nothing there to record.

When your adrenaline is pumping and you're in a massive, dark and silent building, you suffer with sensory deprivation, you start to hallucinate. A bird can cast a ghostly shadow, a moth can feel like a hand across you face, not sure about the crying, didn't hang around that night to find out, I was out of there in a trice.....haha.

Are you sure the cat is dead and not just a stray looking for food?

She is in our home, large, deep grey to black and I have seen her full body, full on and completely see through LOL she is lovely we call her phantom Fanny XD I have seen some things...all my life...but I have to be honest, I would be more scared of the moth than a ghost LOL

I am pretty sure that my cat Edward returned to our house as a benign spirit after he died tragically of cancer at the young age of 8.

After an appropriate period of mourning, and as catlovers wanting to give another rescue cat a home, we introduced another black and white cat, Sophie.

For a while it was very obvious that she (but not we) could see him, but she started to relax when she saw him; I think he "passed on the baton" to her before moving on.

I am pretty sure that my cat Edward returned to our house as a benign spirit after he died tragically of cancer at the young age of 8.

After an appropriate period of mourning, and as catlovers wanting to give another rescue cat a home, we introduced another black and white cat, Sophie.

For a while it was very obvious that she (but not we) could see him, but she started to relax when she saw him; I think he "passed on the baton" to her before moving on.

That is really nice

When I lost my Mum I was disappointed that she didn't come bake even briefly to see us, her presence just vanished and I couldn't feel it anymore. I knew, I had a premonition several months before...I have foretold the death of everyone in our family that I have been close to, even the pets...its just this feeling but really I think it is just the ability to pick up on subtle things that I'm noticing but not really realizing I'm noticing.

Edited by Phili
Guest heartplace

It's human subconscious that moves the pointer.

And the answers given are a result of subjection validation and imagination.

That said, if you're prone to magical thinking, paranoia or any kind of good/evil triggers,

probably not a good idea to open that can of worms.

Scientifically speaking, our subconscious can't do that. We have never been equipped with the ability to move things with our minds. There's just no logic in that theory if you ask me.

I agree though, it's a bad idea. Regardless of what you believe, what you fear, whether you have OCD or not, it's a horrible idea. No one can deny that. There's a reason behind why Ouija boards are as bad as they are but no one seems to agree on why they are.

Edited by heartplace

Scientifically speaking, our subconscious can't do that. We have never been equipped with the ability to move things with our minds. There's just no logic in that theory if you ask me.

I agree though, it's a bad idea. Regardless of what you believe, what you fear, whether you have OCD or not, it's a horrible idea. No one can deny that. There's a reason behind why Ouija boards are as bad as they are but no one seems to agree on why they are.

Well, it is not that we move it with our minds but subconsciously move the glass with our fingers, saying that a lot of things have happened with quija boards that, that just doesn't explain.

That's not what soldiering on meant. He meant people are subconsciously moving the pointer on the board. They are actually physically pushing the pointer all over the place, they just may not be aware (conscious) that they are doing it. Edited by PolarBear
Guest heartplace

Well, it is not that we move it with our minds but subconsciously move the glass with our fingers, saying that a lot of things have happened with quija boards that, that just doesn't explain.

Oh I see. Like I said, I've never used a ouija board so I don't know what exactly it's like. I have read descriptions of it and how it's used but I haven't actually used one myself.

But again...the fact that the board tells you to do the stupidest things such as suicide, or that you're going to meet your true love at x, y and z, etc. clearly shows that something isn't right about them. I read about a person who started using a Ouija board at age 6 and he started to get to know different demons by name and noticed that they all had different personalities etc. He basically became a Satanist. Eventually he quit living that kind of lifestyle but even after that, he still had a bunch of paranormal activity going on in his house even long after he quit contacting spirits.

The board doesn't tell you do anything. The people moving the pointer around the board may tell you do something.

It is all based on belief, I believe that with a quija board it is a bit of both. I have never used one either but the mystic around them is enough to affect the mind, but as I said things have happened that are very hard, if not impossible to explain