Intrusive thoughts.

Guest PalaeontologyLover

Guest PalaeontologyLover

I'm new to this. I've recently been diagnosed and I'm finding it extremely difficult talking about my intrusive thoughts. I've never let them leave my head before now, I want to get better but I can't seem to bring myself to talk about them. I've came here hoping to find solidarity and understanding. What are your intrusive thoughts? I'm a 19 year old girl and suffer sexual & violent ones. I'm too scared to say what exactly, I'm hoping if someone tells me theirs I'll be able to tell mine...

Guest PalaeontologyLover

I'm trying to pluck up the courage and type it, I've read so many posts on them and you all seem very supportive. I'm just very scared about letting this out of my head if that makes sense? I've been ruminating on it for so long it's very scary I need to talk about it though I think, in order to get better

If it makes you feel any better, I've been having really sick thoughts, and wondered if there is something very wrong with me. However, it's OCD picking a particularly disgusting topic, from things I've heard about , and trying to shock me into giving it attention.

Guest PalaeontologyLover

They're like around incest. I've hardly got any sleep cos I've been thinkin about writing it all night, I feel sick now. The intrusive thoughts upset me so much and they're really getting in the way of spending time with family. I haven't been home in about a month because I just can't do it, I get overwhelmed with anxiety because of these thoughts, I have a fear I'll blurt them out when I go home and it's too much to take.

Guest brian36

I think that has just sort of hit the nail on the head. Your scared of your thoughts that make you feel very scared. And your scared of blurting out your thoughts. (Loosing control) my violent tjoughts I,m scared incase I act on the urges or just suddenly lash out. I can actually see me doing this that's why it's scary. Images of me doing it. I used to get the sexual unwanted tjoughts and was also petrified of just suddenly acting on it. It's that feeling you think it's going to happen.

Guest brian36

Your not alone easy said than done. But it just shows what a caring person you are. Everyone gets these thoughts it's just we just get obsessed because we don't like them. Sometimes at night when you lie in bed trying to get to sleep! But you can't you try and try. You try not to think or go over things in your head. The more you try to stop thinking talking in your head. You think more and talk more in your head I mean. It gets annoying we all get this its natural. But my point is the more you don't want something they're it comes in. I hope this sort of made sense.