did anyone have an OCD theme different than the one they have now? I used to have the washing hands and checking plugs when I was about ten, and I wish I had that again, it seemed so much easier to get on with than my current themes.

Guest ScottOCDid

Of course! Surely you've been around here long enough not to need to ask everybody that?! a1_cheesygrin.gif

Approximate metamorphosis (obsessions * compulsions):

Fear of lying * repeated "disclaimer"

Anxiety with alignment, order and numbers * arrangement and counting

Fear of contamination (assorted triggers) * washing

Hugely exaggerated pre-pubescent anxieties * avoidance of adult themed media and peer group interaction

Intrusive thoughts * counteractive thoughts and non-vocal reassurance phrases

Fear of saying/ writing something inappropriate * avoidance of phone/ checking content of letters

Fear of fire, flood and theft * checking

Loads of other bits 'n' pieces; overlap also occurred at times.

That covers about 25 years' worth laugh.gif

S

Guest twoshoes

sinclair (hypnosync) once said OCD was like an inflated balloon, you push down on 1 end and another pops up.

I used to check and count and have to have everything symetrical, I used to wish I was like that again because I was able to cope then...

I realised that that manifestation of my OCD wasn't any less serious or easier to cope with but as a 9 year old girl i had very few responsibilties and so spending time undoing things didn't mean the washing up got left etc

Now I wash and clean etc and this is no worst than the other flavour i had but now I have a family and a house it SEEMS more of a probablem.

Wish i didn't have it at all wallbash.gif

Take care

Kerry