he said he had little bit of ocd and he got over it and i am selfish and lazy because i have not.

Shouted at today by man who said he had had little bit of ocd and he did not give in to it and if he had got over it i could. Told me I was lazy and selfish, Made me feel awful after I have tried for years.,

Guest Orwell1984

Tia, it is his fault for being short sighted and small minded. He's trying to be a sergeant major. I have a family member like this, feel much better I have chopped him out of my life :) You can get over OCD. Do it on your own steam and don't give any credence to pig ignorant men like that.

Identify your compulsions (the things you do to get rid of the anxiety or the thought) and stop doing them one by one. You will be free of it someday.

Guest lizinlondon

That is disgusting. No one should shout at mentally ill people like that. Shows more about him than you. He is definitely not worth another second of your thoughts.

We are all different Tia. Some get better quick others take longer, some recover others don't get as far. We are all individuals and we need to accept ourselves rather than blame ourselves x

Tia it really effects us when things like this happen to us, feeling for you.

One of of my most hurtfull moments was when I finally decided to disclose my OCD to work, to my manager who I trusted at the time, I was told "its only OCD, snap out of it". That hurt, needless to say I put a grievance in.

People don't get the hell we go through.

Thank you very much for replying it is appreciated. I tried to ignore what he said but it kept niggling away. If I think of something sad or depressing ocd hits with vengence so am trying to think of something good straight away instead.

Hi tia,

Draw up with the therapist a map of your OCD and how it works - what your fears are and how OCD magnifies them. And what types of dysfunctional thinking you have eg discounting the positive, overgeneralising, filtering and how they interract with the OCD.

Then a blueprint of how to tackle these issues.

Armed with those documents you can see at a glance what is going on and what you need to do, and tweak it to keep it up to date.