Blog for Obsessed

Hi all,

I finished my book Titled Obsessed. It's about my journey with OCD and PTSD.

My editor suggested starting a blog to get publicity and see if the topics in my book would be interesting for others.

I did my first post today you can find it at

http://janiceballanine.wordpress.com/

I don't have any followers yet, and would love the support if you get a chance to look at it and provide feedback.

Most of the information will be about OCD, but the first topic was a simple life lesson I learned, Life doesn't wait for you.

Thanks for the support!

Guest legend

Absolutely you need a Twitter account. The world would stop spinning these days without Twitter. Besides, if you tweet about your book, legend can retweet it to about a half million people. :p

Indeed . social networking , ocd huge on there re awareness

@ashleycurryocd is my Addy

Oddly enough this years mind award for blog of the year went to a 15 year old girl who spoke openly about her ocd

Twitter ?? Yeah why not

Edited by legend

Indeed . social networking , ocd huge on there re awareness

@ashleycurryocd is my Addy

Oddly enough this years mind award for blog of the year went to a 15 year old girl who spoke openly about her ocd

Twitter ?? Yeah why not

I know. I already follow you. You are rather.... um... prolific. :original:

How do you get Twitter followers?

It starts slow and blossoms from there. Let your friends know so they can follow you. Then check out the OCD type people on Twitter. Follow some of them (like OCDUK and others). Start tweeting. Get your name out there. Retweet other people's tweets -- people like that and are more tempted to follow you.

You get out of Twitter what you put into Twitter. Be active and the followers will come.

Do a search on #OCD and #OCDproblems (I'm sure there are others) to see who is tweeting about OCD.

Edited by PolarBear

What do people tweet?!

Once you're on there, have a look at what other people tweet. Some of it won't make any sense because two or more people go back and forth about a particular subject. Much of it will make sense.

To start, follow a few people and you'll see what they tweet on your home page. That will give you an idea.

Okay I get the idea now. Any other Ideas of how I could get my blog out there?

Get some more content on there. People like to see lots of stuff. Every time you post something new, Tweet about it with a link to the post.