ocd sensation?

I get different 'groinal' responses. At the moment its very strong and i am presuming its anxiety. I suffer with a variety of ocds, one of which is of harming a child.

I work in a school and this week (last few weeks really) i am trying to put my CBT into practice but dont think i've been working at school when my ocd has gone into overdrive. When i set next to a child i have a strong tingly sensation which i could describe as what you would get just before a scary ride starts, ie a rollercoaster, but i sort of enjoy this feeling, but prefer it when it is not present, can anyone explain what this is and .how to deal ith it

I am trying not to avoid children. I get it at home with my own children which makes my thoughts worse or the other way round?

Groinal responses are just a pain in the butt that don't mean anything. You got it once, you noticed it, you paid attention to it and you made a connection to it with a given circumstance (like being close to a child). The next time you saw a child you got the sensation, you noticed it, you paid attention. And on and on. Now it's basically automatic and you see a child and you get the sensation. It's like Pavlov's dogs -- just ringing the bell made them salivate.

It doesn't mean anything. You drew the conclusion in your head that the sensation was connected to children. It's not. It's a learned response and now you're stuck with it.

What you do going forward is stop paying attention to them. Let them happen and shrug it off.