2015 Ride4OCD John o Groats to Lands End

I have personally seen the Forth bridges twice.

Once on a solo part holiday part business (I did a lot of business in Scotland) trip, when I parked my car at Queensferry and took a photo - then had to call the RAC as the car wouldn't start :D: - and once with my wife from the ramparts of Edinburgh castle.

But Ashleys shot posted in the twitter feed is a great composition - and I have saved the page in my mobile browser.

I also like the pic on the feed featuring Lindisfarne castle

Edited by taurean
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done to both of you - Paul for riding - but Ashley for your great support. I've just read snowbear's blog - thank goodness you guys are there for peeps with OCD - it can be an incredibly debilitating condition and I hope your efforts will have lifted Phili and snowbear in the last couple of days - and all the others that you are riding for.

I hope you are feeling well enough to ride again soon, Ash....but do it in your own time. I think you all are fab!! Hats off to you :euro: :xmas_rolleyes: :holiday: :partytime: :red_indian:....come on, guys...hats OFF!!!

Thanks Roy please don't feel you have to donate, you already have and that is appreciated

This charity does so much for so many with so few resources (to paraphrase Churchill!).

Many here wish to donate but have not the means. I have both the wish and some means.

I feel a massive connection with them all, and a strong link into the team itself; one of my therapists is very much a Paul disciple and felt his teachings would help me personally - she was not wrong, I too am now a follower!

I know a large number of practitioners sufferers friends family + yourself have been helped and inspired by Paul.

I am sorry the weather has taken a turn for the worst. As Morecambe and Wise would say, perhaps tonight's song download might be 'Bring me Sunshine" :original:

Nice to see Ruth tweeting her updates and photos - great stuff Ruth.

I am at my gym, Mrs Roy being away on family business. I will get on the exercise bike and think of Paul Ruth and yourself.

Love to everyone. :heart:

Edited by taurean

It is good for building stamina and shedding a little weight (this latter in conjunction with careful portion control and cutting down on sugar and fat!!!).

I use it as a part of an overall - variable - programme I use for that purpose. :original:

Thanks so much everyone, not just for your donations but also your messages of support, Today after 19-days we finished with a 41-mile ride to Lands End, and how lovely at Sennen met by one of our members who lives in the area, who then drove to LE to welcome us all with a box of lovely fudge each.

In total I finished with 1013 miles (I had to take a rest day and a couple of half-days), Paul did it all, over 1200 miles.

I am knackered now! Night here then home tomorrow.

Thank you Ashley for the reminder on twitter that you were both riding for ALL OCD sufferers.

I am an emotional person and that really brought tears to my eyes......

I have followed the tweets and pics every day; a wonderful wonderful effort, truly amazing.

Roy :thumbup: :original:

Well done Ashley for managing to get over the 1000 miles mark that's amazing, you should be really proud of yourself for what you've achieved. Hope that your knee is feeling better now after seeing it was giving you some jip yesterday evening? if not i'm sure a nice bit of that Cornish fudge will help :)

Edited by al_1983

Congratulations JOGLE team! :clapping: Well done on completing your ride. :first: Three cheers! :clap:

I've just found this thread (I wondered why there wasn't one on the ride while it took place. Sheesh, I'm blind as a bat, can't see what's in front of me.) I'll enjoy reading all the Tweets I've missed later tonight.

Hope the JOGLE fund gets a boost on this final day. You've done well. :thumb up:

Hope you're not too exhausted to have a fun evening tonight. Party time! :holiday:

Well done on getting some media "bites" Ashley: we struggled in Bristol to drum up anything which is a bit of a shame. We shall keep trying and maybe next time there will be more takers for interviews.

Hope that the team are resting and recovering from the tour!!

Tez :original: