A positive post

Hi,

I don't post very often, I usually read the main forum to get strength to support my fiancee.

Lately I have noticed a few really positive threads, in particular Ashley and Taurean, so I thought I would add one too.

My fiancee has had OCD for over a decade and has had good and bad times. Last year was not so good, but lately she has been doing so well that I have been amazed. Don't get me wrong she isn't better yet, but I really feel that she (we) are on a great path. I have, and always will have complete faith that she will overcome this horrible disorder.

In the last few months she has done some really amazing things. Firstly, she kicked loads of mental obsessions that were really limiting her life! I couldn't believe it!

More recently, she started to do exposures and really took me by surprise at times! I dropped some money on the floor in a shop and in the past we would of had figure out how to clean - instead she was just like "put the money in your pocket" - my face must of been like WHAT? But it was really ace!

She has been doing other exposures too, like touching loads of things that stressed her out in the past. She is also living with doubt a lot better and asking for much less reassurance. Where its like 'should I do an exposure' rather than 'did i touch that or not'.

The other night she was doing an exposure on something and has going to just tap it with her finger - in the end she just threw it on the bed, then shortly later went to bed and went to sleep!

She has done this all herself - I do my best to support her, but frankly she is too clever for me to keep up!

My point is, I guess, that people are capable of so many amazing and surprising feats - including mentally climbing Everest!

Never give up hope, love and help!

See you all at the top!

Dave

This is really good Dave.

It shows that when we get determinmed to strip away at the disorder, and make some small steps they can for a lot of people 9but not all of course) lead on to become giant leaps.

Keep giving her support and encouragement.

That's brilliant news, Well Done to your Girlfriend :thumbup:

It's really helpful to share such positive news

Well Done to you too for being supportive, it really makes a difference when a partner/family take time to learn, understand and support

Caramoole :)

p.s I've moved this to the main forum so that it can offer encouragement to a bigger audience

Excellent post. I also believe that people are capable of some amazing shows of strength and determination to overcome the challenges in their lives. The courage seen in those who take the fight to their mental illness is immense and deserves the utmost respect.

Those who support us through our trials are just as important and you supporting your fiancee is such a great thing. Knowing you have someone else who has faith in you to get better can really boost your morale in fighting the disorder.

I wish you both all the happiness you deserve :)

Thank you for the lovely comments. It means a lot and is very supportive of us both!

FYI, she has been at it again - exposures that is!

This weekend she high-fived the floor before going to the toilet!

Truely an amazing woman!

Keep fighting everyone!

Dave, x

The confidence that small successes can bring can really spur us on to take on more and more in order to get better. It sounds like she is riding that wave of confidence perfectly and I wish her the best in the journey.