Poo everywhere!! contaminationers nightmare (old username: Annabel)

Hi Everyone,

I've been away from the forum for a few months. I used to post under the name 'Annabel'. I hope people are doing ok just now, I know with OCD that's rarely the case!

I am home alone with my Gran just now. She has dementia and continence issues and has just pood everywhere! Over herself, her clothes, the bathroom (loo seat, floor, some on the sink etc). I am coping ok with the situation- changed her clothes and underwear, put socks on poo covered feet BUT I can't face cleaning and showering her. I know I should but my Mum should be home in 45 minutes and my Gran is exhausted and has angina to boot. I have put her back in bed in a clean dressing gown/robe and can't face cleaning the bathroom just yet.

I did cope though- there is so much poo!!!- I'm seeing this as practise for if I ever have children but it's a little bit more grose when it's an adult! (I think!).

I was just looking for some support really because I'm finding this a very challenging situation for my contamination OCD (I still can't public toilets and have severe contamination issues though I've been good about facing exposures recently).

Bel xx

Hi it sounds like you are doing well so far even though it is a tough situation. Try to stay as calm as possible and dont let the ocd use this situation against you.

Just try your best not to compulse its only poo.

Gemma x

Thanks Gemma,

I'm feeling so grose but there is no visible poo (perhaps a bit of faecal bacteria tho) on me so I haven't changed or showered. I am worried because my slippers almost definitely have muck on them!

Bleugh!!

Thank you for the support. It is only poo and she doesn't seem to be ill at the moment so it can't hurt me/isn't viral as far as I know!

x

Hi Bel,

Good to see you back on here,i have been wondering how you are.

You have coped really well with the situation with your Gran,well done :original:

I still remember how brave you were with the blocked toilet at uni a while back now.

Hope you stay around xx

Guest anatta

Hi Annabel, I remember you. :) Your posts were very helpful when I first joined. I stopped posting when that particular episode subsided, and when I became active on the forum again I was sad to find you weren't here anymore.

Is my memory correct that you're also the person who told me you'd had an obsession about strangers suffering with cancer? If so you're still one of only a handful of people I've come across with an obsession similar in principle to mine.

Edited by anatta

Thanks Annabel,Thats ok i just felt i was there with you,you were so brave and still are being.

Things with me are not too good really,but am so pleased for you that you have improved so much x

Hi Anatta, good to see you back :) I remember you helping me and your very insightful posts. Yes I had 'magical thinking' and 'magical contamination' thoughts about strangers with the disease (I still don't even like writing the word!).

Hi Daisy, that's such a kind thing to say- I actually felt quite alone at uni and with that situation and your support really helped me that day. I think that's why I popped on here straight away yesterday. I'm really sorry things aren't going very well for you just now, has your OCD been worse over the last wee while?

xx

Edited by BelAnna

Hi Annabel,thank you that means a lot to me to know that.Yes my ocd and general anxiety/health has worsened, especially over the last few months,i have had quite a few stressful events to deal with,but the forum has been a really big help to me,and i am also trying to get some more treatment at the moment.xx

Aw, it's always harder to cope with OCD when there are serious things going on in your life. It's really good that the forum has helped you :)

I hope your OCD (and life) starts improving really soon xx

BelAnna/Annabel

You are being amazing - to deal with your nan when she's in that condition - that really is something.

I feel so sorry for your nan but also for you. I don't know that I could do what you're doing and my OCD is well behind me.

What are you doing these days?

Guest anatta

Hi Anatta, good to see you back :) I remember you helping me and your very insightful posts. Yes I had 'magical thinking' and 'magical contamination' thoughts about strangers with the disease (I still don't even like writing the word!).

xx

Oh I see, my fear is quite different to that actually. I'm glad you felt the help was mutual. :)
Guest Jennifer8

I think you have been so brilliant dealing with this, your Gran can't help her situation and if you think of her as she was before, as the person without the dementia, then i imagine she would be very grateful of the way you have helped her already.

Hat's off to you, I have a past experience that echoes this very much from when I was 14 (and I can still smell, that particular smell, in my head as clear as if it had just happened five minutes ago)

I have kind of had a step back recently and been relying on the forum for support and information but reading this just underlines the fact that everyone here tries their best, against the odds.

Good for you x