My GP has withdrawn my medication

My GP has withdrawn my medication because I keep taking too many, and if I'm honest I don't blame him.

I'm a little anxious as to what to expect from immediate withdrawal.

I'm a little anxious as to what to expect from immediate withdrawal.

You could have quite a few problems, particularly from the Diazepam. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else your GP could do. I would go back and see the Psychiatrist and see what they suggest.

You could have quite a few problems, particularly from the Diazepam. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else your GP could do. I would go back and see the Psychiatrist and see what they suggest.

My NHS unit has been privatized and they can't see me now until the 5th of May, unless I pay privately and I'm skint at the moment.

My NHS unit has been privatized and they can't see me now until the 5th of May, unless I pay privately and I'm skint at the moment.

Hi Dubs,

Could you go to another GP (either at your practice or another)? Going through withdrawal cold-turkey without support is not good for anyone!

Hey there dubs what were you taking can i please ask? I understand your GP taking you off your medication as it's clearly a duty of care my friend please try not to take it badly he had to do that :original: .Maybe you can see another GP&talk to them in the meantime? :original: .

Guest anatta

40 mg Citalopram and 30 mg diazapam a day. I'm thinking of buying them online I've found a website that sells them.

You've got to be careful doing that, you're not always getting something safe.

40 mg Citalopram and 30 mg diazapam a day. I'm thinking of buying them online I've found a website that sells them.

Very true dubs be careful of what you buy online :original: .

Surely your GP's giving you some support, they haven't withdrawn the meds and left you completely alone with this, have they?

Be wise dubs, please don't buy anything online.......it's not ideal, but couldn't your GP have rationed out enough tablets just to see you through for one or two days...... you'd have the hassle of having to go back to the surgery for the next dose, but at least you'd avoid going through the nasty effects of going cold turkey.

Definitely don't buy online! There are no reputable sellers of prescription drugs in the UK and you won't know whether the meds you buy are actually citalopram and diazepam or not (they may use different fillers in the tablets, or the tablets might not contain any of the active ingredient).

Instead see another GP and discuss the fact that cold-turkey withdrawal is a very very bad idea for your health/OCD in general.

If you are worried about this it might be a good idea to phone or email Ashley (admin and head of OCDuk) and ask him to help you or to contact your doctor for you!

Edited by BelAnna

You do need to go back to your GP ASAP and see if you can come to an arrangement as Hal suggested and also see if they can do anything to secure an earlier, emergency appointment with the Psychiatrist. Clearly your GP can't just issue prescriptions when he knows they're being abused and you are at risk.

Also, as mentioned in your other thread....if you're drinking such quantities of alcohol and taking tranquilisers to that extent in an evening, are you really fit, safe and within legal levels to drive and carry out your job the following day?

You need some proper help to work through this. You're putting your life and safety at risk and potentially that of others.

Hope you get something sorted

Surely your GP's giving you some support, they haven't withdrawn the meds and left you completely alone with this, have they?

Be wise dubs, please don't buy anything online.......it's not ideal, but couldn't your GP have rationed out enough tablets just to see you through for one or two days...... you'd have the hassle of having to go back to the surgery for the next dose, but at least you'd avoid going through the nasty effects of going cold turkey.

I don't blame my GP at all but I've not got any meds. Its been 24 hours since my medication and apart from feeling pretty agitated I think I'm fine.

I've got a twitch im my right arm which seems to be getting worse but I think I'm doing fine.

I don't know anything about your situation other than what I'm reading in this thread, but I would echo the suggestion of trying to get a daily or two-day script. Your GP has a duty of care and can't prescribe you stuff you're likely to use to harm yourself or abuse. At the same time cold turkey without appropriate support is perhaps not the best idea. And please don't buy meds off the internet; can you call the GP surgery first thing Monday?

I'm not going back to that GP, made me feel even worse.

Other than walk into A&E I can't think what else to do....and I'm reluctant to do that as well.