probably not helping myself

i think i know the answer but really dont want to go round and round in circles. what are thoughts on thinking someone in a film is attractive that is say 15? and that if you were that age that is the sort of person you would fancy, what does that say now i'm an adult??

then it got me thinking (yes that) i fantasised many years ago during (sorry to if too much info) arousal that i was in olden times and was one of those older women that younger lads were sent to to 'teach' them. makes me squirm typing this. does this mean 'nothing' about me?

It means you fantasize and it means basically nothing about you. OCD comes in when you become fixated on the subject and think about it over and over again, trying to figure out what it says about you as a person. That's ruminating and I've seen this type of behavior from others on the forum. They get stuck thinking about it and then the guilt surfaces and they start feeling bad about their thoughts. Then they think about it more to see if they can figure out if its all innocent or if there's some evil mixed in there and before they know it they're stuck in an endless cycle of thinking.

Leave this alone. Refuse to get drawn into ruminating. Don't try to figure it out. Don't analyze your thoughts or fantasies. When you start doing that, stop yourself and try to refocus onto something else.

• 2 months later...

this has been bugging me again. No i dont think this way about 'lads'. Even at the time i didnt want intrusive thoughts. Its amazing what you can remember, but ocd does that otherwise there would be any problem but things get stuck. Most weeks, some months things can come and go and sometimes they get stuck. Sometimes you think whatever and sometimes its 'what the hell was that'. Thankfully this has become less, cbt really does help.