I put an email on here last week which I had some helpful replies back, one being not to ruminate which I have tried very hard, on a few occasions I am not anxious but most of the time my head is spinning with anxiety which I don't want to get worse.

I panicked and put some stuff on here which I should have left alone but was worried it would caused be distress even I didn't get someone to help me think it out.

The thing is I put it on another site - non ocd - and panic that someone I know would have read it, even though I have asked for it to be taken down, which it has I find myself thinking about it and going round and round 'what happens if someone sees it, explaining it, and all the horrible outcomes there could be.

Will I get back to normal, I know when you are in this cycle it feels as if not. I know I shouldn't 'check' but my head is hurting. I know I don't have the problems I was worried about but the fact its 'out there' is causing this worry.

I guess you need to look at the likelihood that someone you know will read it, that they will make the connection between the post and you. You could also weigh the 'who cares' aspect of it. So what if someone you know reads it? Then again, you could chock the whole thing up to experience and disregard it completely. That's the far better approach. Just ignore it and move on. When you find yourself ruminating over it, stop yourself and try to refocus onto something else. It takes lots of practice but it is doable.